《e i g h t e e n》

[ ROOFTOP ]

➽───────────────❥

                The dinner went smoothly, just a casual and joyful family dinner. The Park family's random jokes made Renjun feel at home, he felt happy.

"Hey Renjun!" Yuna called him out while putting her plate on the sink, Renjun looked at her, waiting for her to complete her sentence. Yuna felt her words die on her tongue, seeing his serious face made her stop. She gripped the edge of the kitchen counter tighter, her breath hitched at his beauty, she unconsciously stared at him for a long time.

"What?" Renjun asked her, confused at her silence, "Is there something on my face?" He asked, slightly weirded out by her continuous staring. "You're handsome." Yuna blurted out and covered her mouth in shock. Renjun cleared his throat and averted his gaze looking any where but her, a light pink tint on his cheeks.

He had been called handsome by many girls and boys yet hearing it from Yuna made him feel special.

"I-I um sorry that uh was awkward." Yuna chuckled, "Well I am not lying though, you are very handsome." Yuna winked at him and walked towards him. "What were you saying?" Renjun ignored her flirting attempt as he pushed his seat under the dining table.

Yuna smirked and grabbed his wrist making him tense up at her touch. "I have a place to show you." She whispered, he saw her eyes sparkle, her eyes are pretty Renjun thought before composing himself.

"Hey dad! We are going out for a walk!" Yuna yelled before pulling Renjun towards the door. "Don't do anything funny okay!?" Her father yelled back making Yuna blush in embarrassment, "Of course n-not!"

The two went out, the weather wasn't very hot, it was just the right temperature. The streets were like always filled with many people, the city lights shining brightly. The two soulmates walked in silence.

Yuna led Renjun to an abandoned building, he followed her without letting out a single peep. Climbing all the way to the top, Yuna tried opening the door but it was stuck, "Huh? Oh no is it locked!?" Renjun shook his head at the dramatic girl and took a step near it, kicking the door open, his hands still in his pockets.

"Thanks dude." Yuna smacked his shoulder, it didn't make him move an inch. She then skipped her way on the rooftop, turning around to face the boy. "Tada! The view is everything! Thank me later." She said. Renjun walked to the edge of the rooftop, looking down and she was right. The view was undoubtedly beautiful.

"I come here whenever I feel down." Yuna stood beside him, the light breeze calming them down. "It's nice." Renjun spoke while sitting down making Yuna sit down as well.

"I know I am stupid but I really wanted to ask you something." Yuna broke the silence, not looking at the boy who turned his attention towards her. "Everybody knows you are stupid, ask."

"Why are you so closed off and cold?"

Renjun gulped and became stiff at her question, he started to stare at his lap, wondering whether to answer her question or not. Yuna sighed loudly and leaned back, using her hands as support. "You know you can tell me your secrets. I will tell mine."

"Bora." Renjun said a girl's name, "Who Bora? What Bora?" Yuna asked but soon added, "Not that I-I care, I am just asking." Renjun continued, "Bora was my ex, first love." Yuna hummed, "Why did she leave you?"

"She found out about the gang."

"Man she just lost her chance with you, such an unlucky person tsk tsk." Shaking her head Yuna clicked her tongue trying to lighten up the mood since Renjun got gloomy.

"She kinda got involved in it." Renjun said and turned to Yuna staring at her expectantly, "What?" Yuna asked him confused. "I revealed my secret." Yuna giggled, "pfft so what? Okay fine fine!" Renjun slightly glared at her, she had forgotten how scary he could be.

"I really don't have many secrets. You already know about my Dad, my mom passed away when I was five. Oh! I rejected a boy before." Yuna said, a sad smile on her lips. No matter what there was always a small smile on her face. "Did you ever try to harm yourself?" Renjun asked her, remembering the time when he felt as if someone was scratching his wrist by something sharp.

Yuna squeezed her eyes in embarrassment, "I wasn't hurting myself that time, I just wanted to check if the tattoo was a real thing." She admitted, Renjun felt relieved for some reason. "How did you end up in a gang?" Yuna asked him again.

"My family got involved in a mafia. Though I never had a connection with my father, I still had to clean up his mess." Renjun told her, he didn't know why and how he spilled the beans to her so easily but he didn't stop. "My parents probably hated me, they never cared. They were never in my life, I was mostly alone."

"Oop guess you are not gonna be alone now." Yuna shrugged and looked at him. She held his hand, bringing it up, "You are stuck with me." She grinned mischievously making Renjun chuckle, "That sucks."

"Hey it doesn't suck!" She pouted at his remark. Renjun lied down at the floor and she mimicked his move as well.

The sky was clear with some soft clouds floating freely. The stars twinkled as if they were sparkles on a pitch black canvas. The crescent moon shined down upon them, illuminating the rooftop.

No more words were exchanged between the two soulmates, they were happy with eachother's presence.

Their purple moon and star tattoos brightened up, creating a subtle lilac light. The two stayed there for a long time, lost in the beauty of the sky.

➽───────────────❥