Chapter 1

It has been 8 years since the two little friends had got separated from each other. Their families had lost contact due to some reasons or the other. But the children still thought about each other.

There is a summer science camp going on in Shimla. Five children from each renowned school between classes-8 to 11 from all over the country have arrived. Here they will be taught about science through fun experiments, projects and competitions. One group has arrived from Mumbai. The captain of this group is a class-10 student Rishab. As they belong to one of the top schools of India, they have lot of attitude. Among other groups, one has come from Chandigarh whose captain is also a class 11 student Maninder. On the first day of the camp, the two captains come face to face at the canteen. Rishab and Maninder are in the line to have breakfast and while turning back, Maninder dashes with Rishab. As a result the tray of food overturns on him. Rishab becomes arrogant when anybody messes with him. He pushes Maninder for ruining his shirt. He passes crude comments and becomes aggressive.

Just then a girl comes up and pushes Rishab away from Maninder. She says,"What do you think you are? Some kind of hero? Stop bullying him or I will go right now and complain the authorities about you and your school. We have come here to paricipate in educational camp not for fighting. Now get lost." Rishab has never been confronted by any girl who is younger to him. He can't take that anyone will insult him. Instead of backing down, he moves towards her and says, "Do you think I am scared of any authorities here? I am Rishab Khurana. I don't care about anything. It's his fault, he threw food on me and ruined my shirt. I don't take crap from anyone." The girl was about to say something when teachers enter the canteen and Maninder says,"Listen man, I am sorry. I didn't mean to do this. It was an accident. Khushi leave it now. Let's go." Rishab gets out of the canteen with his group. He has got an apology, so he is fine now. But he keeps on thinking about the girl Khushi. She seems familiar, as if he had met her earlier.

Later in the day, all the children come together in the auditorium. Here an introduction session happens. They are given brief on what is the aim of this camp and what will happen here in the coming weeks. Teachers introduce themselves and then the children give their introduction. Rishab with an attitude and showing pride gives the name of the school. He then introduces himself and his school mates. Then Maninder introduces himself and his group. Rishab hears the name Khushi Chopra, class-8. Somewhere inside he wanted to hear the name Pari. He thinks about her, his first real friend. Pari must be in class 8 too. The schools are grouped and unfortunately or fortunately Rishab 's school is grouped with Maninder 's. Rishab does not care about it. They have to perform experiments together but inspite of being in one team, the two groups stay separate.

While practicing one chemistry experiment, Rishab looks at Khushi and finds that she has been holding wrong chemical in the tube. The chemical if poured to the one present in the beaker could lead to catastrophic reaction. He rushes towards her and takes it from her and puts it in the stand. Khushi thinking this another revrnge act of Rishab starts shouting at him,"What do you think you are doing? Don't take panga with me..I don't care you come from ABC or XYZ school. I will make sure you are gone from this camp.." Teachers come to them after hearing her arguments and ask them what was going on. Khushi tells them that Rishab took the chemical from her hand and placed it in the stand while she was doing her experiment. When being questioned, Rishab gives a smirk and points his finger towards the tube. He says,"Yes, I took it from her to save her..Look she was using wrong chemical. I had seen her pour it in the tube and she was going to mix it with the one present in the beaker. This would have caused catastrophic reaction. I saved her from getting ripped of this beautiful face." He was enjoying everything as he knew he was right. Teachers look into the matter and find he is telling the truth. They appreciate Rishab for his alertness and scold Khushi for not paying proper attention and blaming him instead. They all go back to their places.

After the session gets over, Khushi comes out to look for Rishab. He is playing basketball alone. Khushi goes to him and says,"Sorry and Thank you." Rishab turns around to see Khushi. He asks, "What?" Khushi says,"I said I am sorry for shouting at you without checking. And thank you for saving My Beautiful Face.." She smiles at him. Rishab finds the smile so familiar. He turns to play ball again. Khushi does not go. She says,"Why do you have so much attitude?Can't you talk nicely to me??" Rishab ignores her and continues playing and in the process he dashes with Khushi. She falls down and gets hurt. Rishab sits down to ensure she was ok. Meanwhile Maninder and few others find Khushi fallen down rushes towards him. Maninder being elder in the group was like a brother to Khushi. After seeing her hurt and Rishab near her, he doubts him for her fall. He pulls Rishab up from the collar and raises his hand to hit him. Rishab does not like being man handled, he holds the hand of Maninder and pushes him. Khushi shouts,"Stop it both of you. I am alright. Bhaiya its not his fault. I slipped, he was making sure that I was okay. Please stop." Both stop the fight and Maninder backs down leaving Rishab's collar. He apologises for his actions. They leave taking Khushi with them. Rishab remembers about the similar incident that had happened years ago. That was the time he had earned a true friend. It has been years since that day but he still misses her terribly.