Chapter 48

Rishab lies down on the floor with his head on Khushi's lap as she runs her fingers through his hair. He whispers,
"Haqeeqat bana khwaab mere,
Tujhe jo maine paa liya.
Dard sari aaj khatam hui,
Marham bana tera saya. "
Khushi kisses his forehead and says,"You still say poems. I have always loved when you used to say them. But I never knew you could become a full fledged writer. I have your books, you are so good." Rishab still with his eyes closed says,"Writing was the only thing that has kept me sane all these years. It was really difficult to live in that house. Everyday was a torture.. I.." Rishab stops as a lone tear escapes his eyes. Khushi wipes it and kisses his cheek,"Why?" Rishab opens his eyes and says,"You really believed me when I had said my father is a sweetheart. He is just a businessman." Khushi leaving a deep breath says,"I know that he could do anything to get you away from me. But he is afterall your father." Rishab gets up and cupping her face asks,"Please tell me everything. How me met? Tell me about the time we were together in New York. Everything." Khushi has tears in her eyes, "You will hate me after knowing everything, Rishi. Main teri nafrat nahi bardast kar paungi." Rishab takes her lips into his for a passionate kiss. He leaving her says,"Tujhe nafrat karne ki gunjaish meri iss zindagi mein nahi. Tujhe sirf tut ke pyar karne keliye main aya hun iss jahan mein."

Khushi smiles and starts the story of Rishi and Pari. Pari was 5 years old when she had first met Rishi who was 7 years then. Soon they became best friends. But then they got seperated when Pari's father got transferred. They again met at a summer camp and exchanged their addresses and phone numbers. But still they lost contact as Pari had shifted to Delhi due to his father's heath issues. And then they met in the engineering college years later. They started with hate for each other but soon they were friends again. They realised their love for each other, confessing it soon. But Roshini and Prince planned something to break them apart. It was successful and Pari's inability to trust Rishi made him leave India.

Rishab says,"I had met Roshini before coming here. She said something about her attempt to seperate us. You saw something and you left. Mere pyar itna mahan nahi hai..You had said that, I remember. Why couldn't you trust me? Why Pari?"  Khushi lowers her face as she says,"When I saw you in that bed with Roshini, I couldn't take it. I could never see you talking to some other girl and there you were in bed with your ex. I was really angry. I knew what Roshini had said about being pregnant and all was a lie, but my jealousy, my anger made me blind. I wanted to hurt you the way he had hurt me. So I had said all those things. May be if we had given each other some time, things would have cleared but you left immediately after that day. That made me even angrier. I decided that if you could leave me and go, I too could move on." Rishi lies down on her lap again as Khushi continues their life story. She tells him about how Rishi had spent a year on the streets, with homeless people. Then he was found by Aditya and his father had gone to see him in the hospital. Rishab says,"Yes. I remember that. I had a flash of that time. I got back to business after that but I remember I used to watch you over my laptop." Khushi smiles and says,"You were always the hacking genius. You kept an eye on me by hacking into cctv camera systems. But I couldn't find you anywhere. I used to visit aunty but uncle hated it. So I stopped going to your place. You were no where on the social media. All I knew were that you were in New York." Khushi after a pause says,"Destiny had always played games with us. We were pulled apart only to be brought face to face again. I had to go to New York for a project in your company. And that's how we met again."

Khushi tells Rishab how they talked with sarcasm for each other, not leaving an opportunity to taunt each other to show hatred after they met. She says,"You were a different person then. The businessman Rishab Khurana in the day and Rick in the night. Rick did everything to prove himself wrong, to hurt himself and me. You drank and slept with women. Rick played in clubs and bars. The only thing that connected Rick with me was the music. I had your video and I started looking for this Rick. And one day you texted me as Rick. We connected again through the chats, talking about poems and love. You sent me your songs that helped me heal from the pain of losing you." Khushi tells him about Rajvir, meeting Robert and the fight. She tells him how he was attacked by some men, landing in the hospital. She realised her mistake and he forgave her. Khushi says,"You are so full of love that you forgave me immediately. After what you went through because of me, you took me back into your world, loving me again. Nobody could have done that." Rishab says,"Tum hi toh meri sansein ho, jiske bagair mar jaun main. Dhadkan ki jagah dil tujhe pukarta hai. Mera pyar hai tu, kaise tujhe bataun main." Khushi smiles at him, kissing his forehead again, she tells him about the trip to Las Vegas. The visit to casino and how she had behaved after getting drunk. Rishab looks at her and asks,"Did I.." Khushi running her fingers through his hair answers,"You never touched me before our marriage. Yes. We had got married in a church at Las Vegas the next day. We also had a wedding in a temple after returning back to New York. Both my parents and your father denied this union. We stayed in New York till that fateful day when you had that accident."