Chapter 8

Rishi ensures that Khushi is safe with other girls for the night. In the morning he doesn't wait for anything but takes Pari with him into his car. He tells her to sit and starts driving away. Khushi makes a pout and asks,"Hum ghar ja rahein hai kya?" Rishab gives her a stern look and says,"Kyun tumhe Prince ke saath lautna hai??If you say I can drop you there." Khushi turns her face towards the front and says,"Uff yeh attitude..I know I was wrong..Abb kya karun mein..maar jayun??" Rishab stares at her and says,"Stop your drama and nonsense talks..Now will you complain against Prince or it was just for me." Khushi says to Rishab,"Again I am sorry for that now can we move on?You are sending me on a guilt trip. Uff." Rishab still looks at him waiting for a reply and then Khushi says,"What? Kya khadoos ki tarah dekh raha hai?? O you want to know what will I do? Actually I want to complain but he might in turn complain against you for hitting him." Rishab replies,"He does not have the guts to do that."

Khushi turns towards him and says,"Rishi you were angry because I didn't have any contact with you after returning home from the camp. But you know what when I returned home I came to know Papa was diagnosed with cancer stage 2. We rushed to Delhi for his treatment. We stayed at our grandparents house there. It was a year of struggle, stress and tension. I couldn't call you or write to you as I had lost the details during our travel." Khushi pauses for sometime recalling those horrible days, she finds Rishab putting his hand over her's. She continues then, "I tried to find your details later but I was unsuccessful. I knew you were in Mumbai so I forced papa to take a transfer here so that I could study here and find you. Trust me Rishi, I have missed you so much all these days. And when I found you, I got the biggest welcome of all time." Rishab remains silent for sometime and then asks,"How is uncle now?" Khushi replies,"Papa is super fine now. You know he now jogs in the morning, does yoga and all. He is more fit than me and my brother. Hey I had told you na I have a brother, Karan." She starts laughing. She then asks,"How is everyone at home?" Rishab doesn't reply. Khushi keeps on blabbering about her old days all the way to Mumbai.

They reach Khushi's place and she asks him to come inside and meet every one. Rishab asks,"Are you free tomorrow morning?" Khushi replies yes it's Sunday the next day. He says,"Please be ready in the morning. I want to take you somewhere. I will meet every one when I come tomorrow." Khushi gives him a tight hug, says bye before she leaves.

Next morning Rishab stands at the door of Khushi's apartment and presses the bell. Khushi opens the door excitedly and hugs him tightly. Rishab is looking smart in a white shirt and black trousers. No fancy glares or jackets today. Khushi looks at him from top to bottom and gives a fake whistle. She says,"Somebody is looking different today." Rishab smiles and Khushi pulls him inside the house. She starts calling her parents,"Ma, papa look who is here." Soon they come out along with a teenager boy. Khushi says," Can you recognize him?? No?? He is our same shy little boy, Rishi.." Her parents become happy to see him. They tell him to sit and ask about his parents. Khushi's mother goes into the kitchen to bring something to eat. Khushi introduces his brother to Rishab. Her father says,"Rishi has become so handsome, body sody banai hai. Pari where did you find him?" Khushi replies,"He is my senior at my college, same branch computer science." Her father asks,"Then why didn't you bring him earlier?" Khushi replies,"Well hamari mukhalaat chalrahi thi, I mean hamari mulakat nahi hui thi." He asks,"Why you are in the same branch na?" Rishab replies,"Uncle actually we had not recognised each other when we met.(looking at Pari)We found out each other yesterday."

After spending some time with Khushi's family, Rishab takes her with him in his car. They arrive at a huge gate to enter a large garden filled with flower beds and a fountain in the middle. There is huge mansion standing at the end of the pathway. Khushi looks around amazed and asks,"Yeh kon si jagah le aya mujhe?? Palace or heaven??" The car stops and Rishab gets down. Khushi looks around the huge patio with cars, servants working around. Rishab smiles and says,"Chal utar, are you planning to stay in the car the whole day?" Khushi smiles, gets down, runs towards him and holding his hand says,"Tu itna rich hogaya hai? Remember when we were kids, I used to say we will get married and stay together. I am ready now..lets get married..Kya bolta hai.." Rishab smiles and pulls her into his arms and takes her inside.

Rishab takes her into the office where his father is reading newspaper. He knocks and gets inside. His father finding a girl with his son says,"Rishi has brought a girl into the house for the first time..hmm..Somebody special right? My bahu or what?" Khushi blushes, Rishab moves ahead towards his father and says,"Dad, please don't embarrass her. This is Pari dad, Chopra uncle's daughter. Remember?" His father becomes excited meeting her and starts asking about everyone. Rishab then takes his leave and holding Pari's hand take her to another room upstairs. He gets inside and Khushi finds a lady sleeping on a bed. There are medicines on the table nearby and a wheelchair on the side. Rishab goes near the bed, runs his hand on the head of the lady and calls,"Mom?" After few minutes his mother opens her eyes but gives a look of not recognising anything. Rishab says,"Mom its me, Rishu your son, Rishu mom..look who has come to meet you?" His mother after sometime smiles and puts her hand on his head. She says,"Rishu tu aagaya..where were you?? Have you had your breakfast? Who is that girl?" Rishab tries to explain that they had breakfast together in the morning. He tries to make her remember Pari, his Pari. His mother just smiles at her and again goes to sleep.

Rishab takes Khushi to his room and asks her to sit. He sits down on the edge of the bed and gets lost in thoughts. Khushi asks what has happened to his mother. Rishab lowers his head and says,"Two months after we had met at the camp, mom fell down from the stairs and hit her head. She was in a coma for months. Every day I used to pray to God to make her well but her condition detoriated...I couldn't sleep at night thinking what will happen the next day..I was scared that I will lose her...Every day I used to visit hospital from school and spend hours waiting for some good news... Pari I was so lonely..so scared..After months of ups and downs in her condition, she started to improve. She woke up one day but didn't recognise me..It's pathetic Pari when your own mother does not recognise you..It killed me that day..I had to stay strong just for my dad but from inside..I..was dying.. She slowly improved with time. Today she sometimes recognises me and sometimes not.." Rishab covers his face with his hands to hide the tears. Khushi sits down in front of him, removes his hands and holding his face says,"Oo Rishi..I am so sorry." Rishab has tears in his eyes, he continues,"I was angry on you not because you didn't call me or replied my letters but because I missed you Pari. I needed you the most at that time but were not there for me..I wanted you Pari to be with me..I was lonely.." Khushi gets up and holds Rishab tightly saying,"I am sorry Rishi.." Rishab had kept all the pain of these years hidden inside, today it all came out running through his eyes. He tightly hugged his Pari never letting her go again.

Read and give comments. Do vote for the chapter by clicking the star..
Love💕💕💕💕