Chapter 18

Khushi has a meeting today with the client. Rajvir picks her and another two people of their team members to visit the client office. Today they will be meeting the CEO of the company. It's a great opportunity for them to impress the client. All the way Rajvir gives motivation dialogues to Khushi to boost her confidence. But she is hardly interested in it. She does not need any motivation today. She puts her earphone and listens to the song Rick had sent last night.

After reaching the office, Rajvir and his team are taken into the conference room for the presentation. They start discussing things when a girl enters and exchange greetings. She introduces herself as Jessica White, personal assistant to the CEO. She tells them to sit as boss will be with them soon. Khushi excuses herself to go to the restroom.

As she leaves, a good looking guy enters the room. He smiles and introduces himself as Aditya Kapoor, the CEO of KK International. Rajvir shakes his hand and introduces his team members. He says," Actually my another team member had just got out to use the restroom. Can we wait a few minutes before beginning the presentation?" Aditya smiles and replies," Yes, ofcouse. Actually I am waiting for the COO of our company. He looks after the IT department too so you will be working mainly with him. "

Khushi comes out of the restroom and goes to drink water. As she bends to take water, someone passes her and a string from her woolen scarf gets hooked to his watch. Khushi tries to stop him, as it's pulling the strings of the wool, but he doesn't listens. The guy has an earphone stuck on his ears and he can't hear her as she asks him to stop. Khushi rushes to him and pulls him from back by his suit jacket to stop him. The guy turns back and both get the shock of the lifetime. He is none other than( I know its obvious by now but still trying to create some suspense😁) Rishab.

They look at each other for sometime without saying anything. Then Khushi breaks the silence, she asks," Tum yahan kya kar rahe ho? " Rishab too gets out of his trance and says," Pari? I mean Khushi, I can ask the same question to you too.( Bringing his face near her ears he says) Picha kar rahi ho mera? First the bar now here. Looking for me?" He gives her the same old wicked but killer smile. Khushi pulls his hand and Rishab says," Itne shaal ki duriyan bardast nahi ho rahi hai kya that you have started holding me? What's your plan baby?" Khushi stares at him with anger and removes the string from his watch. She then says," I  have absolutely no plans related to you. By the way why are you here? This is not a bar." Rishab looks around and says,"O really! My bad. Raasta bhul gaya tha. What to do saw a beautiful girl and I followed her here. You know my WEAKNESSES..May be she is inside..Can you help me find her? Hun?" Khushi looks at him and says,"Disgusting" and she leaves. Rishab's smile disappear and he says,"Raste mein mil jayenge woh iss tarah kabhi socha natha. Hum ne toh sadiyaan bitadi dhondne mein unhe."

Everyone is in the conference room, when Khushi enters. She greets and then appologies for her delay to Aditya. Aditya exchange pleasantries and he starts talking with Rajvir. Just then door opens and Jessica literally drags Rishab into the room. Once inside they pretend to be normal and Jessica leaves. Aditya introduces him as Rishab Khurana, COO of KK International. Khushi is shocked thinking where fate has landed her now. She wanted to avoid him and there he is now staring at her. Rajvir shakes his hand and says," Hello,  Rajvir Singh. We had met earlier at the cafe. Remember? I was right. You are the son of Akhilesh Khurana, heir to Khurana group of company. This is the sister company right?" Aditya replies," Yes, its a joint venture between Khurana group and Kapoor private limited." Rishab smile meekly, nodding his head. Rajvir introduces his team that includes Khushi. Khushi puts her hand forward to shake but Rishab just nods. After introduction, presentation starts. Rishab quietly sit and listens to them. When Khushi gets up to explain, Rishab starts disturbing her by asking questions. They both exchange glances. Khushi is angry by now but she can't do anything.

After the presentation gets over, Rajvir asks," Hope you both like the project that we have designed. We will be starting to work on it as soon as possible." Aditya replies," Yes, you must start working. This was just a formality. I don't understand the IT part but Rishab is the genius here. So I  need to ask him. What do you think Rishab?" Rishab smiles and says," I am no genius. But I got my doubts clear during the presentation. It's nice." Rajvir asks,"It seem you are from Computer background. You were asking all technical questions." Aditya replies, "Yeah he has completed his Computer engineering from SR Technological College, Mumbai." Rajvir looks surprised," Really, Khushi is also from the same college. Do you know each other?" Khushi looks at him and says,"No. I only went to study there not to meet people." Rishab looks at her and says," And I did the opposite..Had parties, got drunk and enjoyed with girls.." Rajvir laughs and Khushi looks at Rishab with anger.

As they leave, Aditya asks Rishab, "What's wrong with you? You are behaving weird." Rishab takes a deep breath and says,
" Kya haal kahein hum apne dil ka,
Maut ki gujaris abhi kar raha hai.
Dushman ne nahi par mere dost ne aaj, Mere dil ko dukhane ka faisla kiya hai." 
Aditya looks surprised and asks," What do you mean? What did I do?" Rishab looks at him and says," Pari.." Aditya's face turns pale, he says," So, my doubt was true. This Khushi is your Pari. What have I done? Should I talk to Rajvir and remove her from the project?" Rishab smiles and says," No bhai. First of all it's not your fault that Pari is here. Secondly asking her to leave the project will raise questions and will affect her career. I can't do that. And finally Rajvir is crazy about her, he won't do anything like that." Aditya is shocked listening to Rishab. He puts his hand on his shoulder and leaves the room.

At night Rishab logs into the social media site and starts texting as Rick.
Rick:Sleeping?? (After few minutes)
Khushi:Nopes. Waiting for your texts. I wanted to hear your voice.
Rick: Why? Anything happened today?
Khushi: Faced some one whom I wanted to avoid.
Rick: Your Ex?
Khushi: Don't know who is he for me? I want to hear your voice..
Rick: wait..

Khushi gets a call from an unknown number. She picks it up and says hello but there is nothing from the other side. After few minutes she hears the same mesmerising voice speaking to her, Yes only to her.
He says," Forget your worries,
Forget your pain.
Gift them to me if you can.
I will wipe away your tears,
Take away your fears.
Just tell me you are mine again.."
Khushi is silent, she has tears in her eyes. Then the song begins: "When you came to me with bad dreams, was easy to see you'd have been crying...I could hold you in my arms, I could hold you forever..." After the song gets over, Khushi listens to the silence. She then slowly says," Thank you." And the line gets disconnected. Khushi has tears in her eyes but she feels so good. Just like the words of the poem, she felt he wiped her tears, took away her pain and like the song he had hold her in his arms, forever.

Rishab puts the phone down and switches it off. He took a risk tonight by calling her. But he knew she would be upset after seeing him. He desperately wanted to talk to her. He really wanted to hold her, forever. But that's a distant dream. He says,"Ishq mein jaan dena koi badi baat nahi, muskil hai zinda rehkar unhe har khushi dena.." He wears his jacket and gets out. He needs the drink, the poison of his life. He needs to get her out of her mind. He wants to be destroyed tonight again to survive another day.

Hi friends,
Keep giving love to all my stories..please don't forget to vote..
Lot's of💕💕💕💕💕💕
Song- Hold you in my arms by Ray LaMontagne