Chapter 16

'I don't believe it's you. You are here in front of my eyes..O Rishi what are you doing here? I have missed you so much all these years. I am sorry for letting you go that day. I couldn't see you with anybody else..Rishi I still love you.' Khushi wanted to say these to him when she had seen him in that bar but she was unable to say anything. Soon she realised he was not her Rishi but Rishab Khurana. The one who had no control over his habits. He was drinking and had left with a girl. Khushi was left hurt, broken and speechless.

She didn't cry anymore as she was still in shock. To take her mind of him she had concentrated on finding the singer. After listening to him live she wanted to see him. She had kept listening to the video as it was working as a medicine on the wound that had opened again. The song had the wordings,"...I told you I would be strong, I said that I moved on,. But it doesn't take long to realize that I am not over you... " She related with the song without realising it. She had posted the video on her social media account, asking for any information or any videos of the same singer. She had visited few clubs with Jenny on the weekends to find him. But they were out of luck.

Rishab opens his eyes with the flooding day light coming from the window. He had passed on the floor of his bedroom the previous night. He didn't have the strength to remove his wet clothes. A nagging head ache tells him he needs to take some medicines immediately. He gets fresh and makes a call at his home. His mother's voice in the morning gives him the strength to live another day. He has to eat something so that he can take some medicines. He gets out of the house to a nearby cafe. He gets a black coffee and sandwich and sits down at a corner table. While eating he hears a laugh. A young couple in their early 20s are sharing a breakfast. The girl is feeding the guy and laughs as she moves the fork around his mouth, not letting him eat. A smile appears on his face. Just then he hears a voice, " Cute couple right." Rishab turns to see Rajvir standing near him.

Rajvir smiles at Rishab and asks,"Indian right. Can I sit here? All tables are taken." The smile disappears from his face but he signals him to sit. The waitress gives him a glass of orange juice and a sandwich. He extends his hand to introduce,"I am Rajvir Singh. And you?" Rishab shakes his hand and says," Rishab Khurana." Rajvir asks,"Rishab Khurana? I have heard your name. Are you the son of.." Rishab interupts him by saying,"There are many Rishab Khuranas in this world who are the son of somebody.. Right?" Rajvir smiles and says," You are absolutely right. Sorry if I am getting bit friendly. I keep travelling out of the country all the time so, when I find someone from India, I start talking. You stay here or just visiting." Rishab tries to finish his breakfast as he does not want to talk to him. He however replies,"I stay here." The couple again laugh and Rishab's eyes goes to them. Rajvir looks back to them, smiles and says,"Love is so crazy right. Have you been in love?" Rishab closes his eyes for a second and says,"Yes, and before you ask I am still in love with her." Rajvir laughs and says," Wow! Great man. You know I also love someone, she is at my office. But I haven't purposed her yet. She doesn't go out with me. I have managed to get her here. I am sure she will say yes to me someday." Rishab knew he was talking about Khushi. He can't hear about her from any other guy's mouth. He gets up and says,"I would have loved to hear about your love life but I have to go somewhere. Sorry. You enjoy your breakfast." He leaves paying the bill.

Rishab goes inside and closes the door. But he can't shut the things Rajvir had said. 'Someday she will say yes.' No he can't see her saying yes to anybody else. His mind gets jammed thinking about incidents that are happening from last night. It was not a dream then. He had seen her with his own two eyes. First seeing Pari and now Rajvir. He hates him so much. He needs make sure she is away from this Rajvir. He sits down and opens his laptop. He gets into the social media site and comes across her post. She has a video and has requested all to give more information or share any videos of the singer. He clicks on the video and the music starts playing. It's hazy hence one can not make out his face. The video is from one of the gigs he had done during the end of first year he was here in New York. He was on the streets by then but had got an opportunity to play at a bar. He didn't know this video existed. He had always made sure no video of his is taken or streams on the internet. He had no idea how one video got in the hands of Pari.

She doesn't know that the singer is no one but him. He starts laughing and says,"Mujhe bheej ke andheroon mein woh khud diya jalate rahe. Dur kar ke mujhe apne aap se aaj woh pooch rahein hai thikana mera.."
Rishab picks up his guitar and starts recording his poem:
"Never had the idea I will be yours forever, never had the feeling life will be around you. No matter how much I stop myself but I would always Love to fall in Love with you."

Hi all,
Please like my efforts on poems and shayari with a vote..Facing lot of issues in updating chapters here. So hope you wait for the updates and love them..

Lots of 💕💕💕😊