Chapter 20

Khushi is in another world. She has no idea why she is getting emotionally attached with Rick. They chat every night now. They don't talk about their past or their present. They discuss songs and poetry. Sometimes he calls her to sing a song and sometimes he shares his song files. Khushi has no complain to this as now she can listen to his voice anytime she wants. Khushi knows why his voice feels so familiar but she doesn't want to accept it. Rishi was involved in music. He had a amazing voice and he played guitar too. But he was never into English poetry. It was always the love of Khushi. Rishi used to find them boring. Rick on the other hand writes English poems. He knows many great English poets and their poetries by heart. This was one point that she had hold on to. She used this point to make herself deny the fact that Rick and Rishi could be one.

Khushi is working in her cabin. It's getting late and she wants to finish her work soon so that she can go back home and talk with Rick. Suddenly she feels someone is standing behind her. She turns to find Rajvir. She smiles at him.

Rajvir moves closer to her desk and says," Sorry to startle you. I didn't want to disturb your work." Khushi says," It's okay. Do you need something? I will leave now. I am done for the day." Rajvir smiles and says," Do I have to come here only when I need something?Can't I just be here without any reasons?" Khushi doesn't reply. Rajvir holds her hand and says,"Why do you always avoid me? Don't you know I like you?" Khushi stands up and removes his hand from her and says,"Rajvir, please you are just my colleague, my senior. There is nothing more between us." Rajvir's face turns dark, a flash of anger comes into his eyes. But then instantly his face turns normal and he holds her hand again. He brings her hand near his chest and says," I am not forcing you to be my girlfriend or anything. I like you and it's okay if you don't feel the same way now. But we can be friends na. You will like me after you get to know me. Why don't you come to dinner with me tomorrow?" Before Khushi could say anything, she could sense someone standing on the door.

Khushi turns to look at the door and there standing near it, is Rishi. Rishi has a smile on his face but his eyes are saying something else. Khushi frees her hand from Rajvir's hold. Rajvir turns to see Rishab standing near the door and feels uncomfortable. He goes to him and asks," You here? We were all just leaving now." Rishab smiles and looks at Khushi and says," Sorry to disturb you both. I really mean it. I..am really very..very..sorry..But what to do, Adi had asked me to give you this file. He has left for Mumbai and he had said you will be leaving soon too." Rajvir takes the file from his hand and says,"Yes, this file is important. I will go back to Bangalore this Sunday and I needed this to take with me. Thanks for bringing this file. I will take your leave now. See you. Bye." Rajvir looks back at Khushi and says," Khushi I am leaving now, let me know about tomorrow. Bye."

As Rajvir leaves the cabin, Rishab barges in and closes the door. Khushi is scared now as she had seen the anger in his eyes when he was standing at the door. But she doesn't show her fear, she says," Kya kar rahe ho? Why did you close the door? Just leave now." Rishab does not listens to her, he says," Did I disturb the love birds in their private moment?" Khushi replies,"We are not love birds. And I said just leave." He grabs her hands and pulls her closer. His eyes are like burning embers. He is breathing heavily and his hold is tight on her. Khushi says," Amma.. chodo mujhe." Rishab says,"Then why were you both holding hand? Hun? WHY?" Rishab pulls Khushi even closer and tighter. Khushi says," Rishi..kya kar raha hai? Chod mujhe. You are hurting me." Rishab says," Rishi? O tujhe yaad hai ab bhi yeh naam? Toh tujhe yeh yaad nahi hai that I can't tolerate anyone touching you. How dare he hold your hands? How dare he ask you take you to dinner?" Khushi says," Hain yaad hai..I still remember everything.. Rishi no Rishab Khurana..But you have forgotten I am not your property. I am not answerable to you. Now leave I said." Rishab still not leaving her, " Yes you are mine..only mine..I will kill anyone who will touch you..Samjhi?" Rishab brings his lips near her to kiss her. Khushi looks at him and says," Yes, no body can touch me, nobody can talk to me but you can touch everyone. You can go around sleeping with every girl you can find. I hate you Rishi..Just hate you.." Rishab leaves her immediately and backs off. He stares at her for a few second. He then leaves the cabin at once without looking back. Khushi breaks down and starts crying sitting on the floor.

Rishab had seen the cctv cameras to find only Rajvir and Khushi were alone in the office. He had immediately left for their office like a mad man. He couldn't allow Rajvir to be with Pari, yes his Pari. But what happened then was not something he wanted to do. He never wanted to tell her all those but he couldn't control himself. Nobody can touch her, she is just his, only his.

Rishab doesn't go back home. He roams around the lanes. His mind is numb, he doesn't know what just happened. He passes through the narrow dark alleys of the city. His heart is filled with darkness now. He sits down on the footpath in one such street. And an old man comes near him. He smiles at him as he recognises him. He says,"Rishi, it's you. What are you doing here after all these years?" Rishab looks at him and after sometime he recognises him too. He is a friend from his time on the streets, a homeless man. Rishab hugs him and starts crying. The old man consoles him and asks," What's the matter son? Are you hungry?" Rishab shakes his head and says,"Robert. No..I am in pain.. just pain.."
Robert sits beside him and offers him his food. He says,"Pain stuffed inside me,
Can't let anyone near me,
Can't let anyone see the real me,
Can't let anyone even hug me. "(By Ruth Warren.)
Yes he is the man who made Rishab fall in love with poetry. He had introduced all great English poets and their poetries.
Rishab looks at him and says,
"Love has given me just pain, but I still think to be with her tomorrow;
I know it is a distance dream, as all I am left with is endless sorrow."

Hi all,
Sorry for late update..keep reading and liking my writing..please vote and comment what you liked..It inspires me to write better..
Lots of 💕💕💕💕