Chapter 40

Rishab opens his eyes as tears roll down from them. He finds Rishaan clapping with a broad grin on his face. He screams, "You can pay! See mumma, Dadfiend can sing and pay guiltal.." Sachin and Priya have a smile on their face as they clap too. The guest sitting around are clapping too looking at him. His eyes fall on Khushi, who has water in her eyes but she is smiling looking at him. After a moment of numbness, the feeling of ecstasy hits him. He looks at himself holding the guitar. It was not a dream, no it was all real. He played it with his own hands, he sang on his own. He starts to laugh, and pulling Rishaan into his arms he starts crying again. A pain of incapability to do something that was perhaps his passion, no longer exists. A curse has been lifted. He feels as if a thick veil covering him has been removed and he can now breathe freely. Everybody look at him in amazement as he laughs and cries at the same time. Only Khushi knows the reason behind this. She knows how important was music for him and how incomplete he must have felt all these years without it.

Khushi unable to stop herself, puts her hand on his shoulder. She almost in an inaudible voice says," See I had told you na, you were a great musician. You were amazing now." Rishab looking at her says," You saw right. I can sing and play again. I just did right. My curse has little bit lifted. All thanks to my Rishaan. He is my lucky charm. Right bacha, you are my luck. Thanks for coming into my life. I love you.." Rishaan starts to laugh as Rishab tickles him and showers him with kisses on his cheeks. He says," Pagdal ho gaye ho kya!Aley! Cholo.." Rishab stops hearing those words. He wipes his eyes and says," Yes my bacha. I have gone crazy. Pagal ho gaya hun but yeh pagalpan bahut pyari hai..bahut jyada achi hai."

Lying down on the bed, Rishab thinks about everything that happened that day. A smile is still stuck on his face. He needs to find a shop to buy his own guitar now. He can't stop himself from playing now. But he has more important things to do too. The holiday is getting over. Khushi and Rishaan will leave in a day. Next day is his book signing. He won't find much time to spend with them. He has to think about something fast to find out the truth. But the question remains, how and what. Khushi had left before they planned the dinner together, citing an headache. She was clearly avoiding Rishab. This behaviour of her has made him think more about his connection with Khushi and Rishaan. He needed more time now. An idea comes to his mind and he goes and knocks the door of Sachin. As Sachin opens the door, he says," Why don't you all come tomorrow to the book store? I will have my book signing, we might meet Ruskin Bond and then can have a lunch together." Sachin says," Yes. That will be great. We shall meet in the morning then."

Ruskin Bond comes to Cambridge book shop every Saturday for an hour. In the morning, Rishab meets everyone at the gate and together they go to the book store. Rishab buys few books for himself as well as for Rishaan and colouring books for Siya. They meet Ruskin Bond there and have an interaction with him. During all the time, he is unable to talk to Khushi but both steal glances. The publisher then comes to take him to another book store where he has the book signing and book reading. Sachin says,"You go ahead in his car, we will join you there in Bhagat's car." As nobody had ever seen the writer, this becomes a big event for his readers who loved his work. Rishab who had stayed shy and away from meeting people, for the first time started interacting with such a large crowd. A constant smile remains on his face all through the book reading and then during book signing. But his eyes were only looking for Khushi. His smile disappears when a known voice fall into ears. He looks up to find Sikha standing in front of him. With a wicked smile on her face, she puts her hand on his shoulder and pressing it says," Hi Rishab. Aap ne Mujhe miss kiya?" Rishab doesn't reply as Sikha says,"Did you think I would have left you so easily? After your signing is over, we are going to your hotel to get your bags." Rishab replies," What makes you think that I will do what you say?" Sikha says," Darling don't waste your energy in fighting with me. Save it up for your father." Saying that she turns to the bodyguard, a tall and bulky man,"Ramesh, aap Rishab ke pass rahiye. Unka kaam ho jaye toh gadi mein leh ayiyega. I am sitting inside."