Chapter 46

"Maikhane main baithe hain,
Khumar phir bhi na chadha sharab ka.
Tujhe jaan ne ki fitoor mein,
Hum koi aur nasha kar na sake.."

Rishab says this as he gulps down the liquid that burns his throat as it passes through it. He hates the taste of it. He hates the burning sensation it causes in his throat but still it feels good. It feels good as it numbs down his pain. His dark past, his uncertain future and his loneliness, he can for the time being forget everything. He does not want to know who is Pari? He doesn't care if he loves Khushi. He does not want to know if Khushi loved him ever or not. No he does not want to know anything. He wants really to forget that he is Rishab Khurana, the son of one and only Akhilesh Khurana. He wants to forget all the vile he has in his life. He starts to laugh and then tears come into his eyes. He puts his hands on his face to cover it as tears rolls down. He whispers," Rishaan! All I want to know is if are you mine? I need someone whom I can really say my own. Please..say you are my son..please make it real.."

Sikha and Ramesh enter the bar to find Rishab sitting on the lounge sofa with his head on the back and eyes closed. Sikha sits beside him and putting her hand on his shoulder says,"Rishab! Aap thik hain?" Rishab opens his eyes and turns to see her Sikha beside him. He gives her a smirk and pulls her into his arms. Sikha says,"Rishab! Please chaliye abb. It's already late." Rishab leaves her and starts to laugh. He says," Late? F..orr what? Hun? I am home..back in my home.." Sikha says,"Let's go back to the room. Aap me bahut peerakhi hai.." Rishab says,"No..no no..I am not drunk darling. I am..not.. waiter.. one more please." Sikha says,"Rishab listen let's go to our room. Enough of drinking. You never drank so much before, what happened to you?" Rishab looks at her and says, "Andheron se ghira hun main, ghalizon se bhari zindagi hai. Iss zeher ko peekar aaj main khud ko pakeeza bana raha hun.." He starts to laugh after saying it. The waiter gets another drink for him and Rishab picks it up and drinks it in one go. Sikha says,"Don't drink anymore please." Rishab orders for another drink as Sikha signals Ramesh to take him. He comes and holds Rishab and makes him stand. Rishab looks at him and says,"Who..who the hell.. are you? Oh..pet my fathe..r's pet dog! F**k off. Get you.rr hands off me." Ramesh says,"Rishab sir, aap chaliye upar abhi." Sikha says,"Please Rishab. Let's go now." Rishab looks at Sikha and says,"Only for you darling, I will go. But you Rame..sh.. leave me.. I can walk on my own. Risha..b Kk.hurana doesn't need.. anybody. He is.. he is..veryyy capable to walk on his own." He starts to walk but trips down. Ramesh holds him and he screams,"F**k man. I said.. gettt your hand.s..s off me.." Sikha says,"Rishab let him hold you. You will fall otherwise. Please don't embarrass yourself here anymore." Rishab remembers what Khushi had said and he says," Yea.. right..right..I embarras.ss everyone..Chal Ramesh, leh chal mujhe.."

Rishab wakes up in the bed in the darkness. He sits up holding his head to find himself in the bed. His clothes are lying on the floor. Sleeping beside him is his worst nightmare Sikha. He doesn't remember anything. He wearing his clothes gets out of the bedroom and entering into his he locks the door. His head is aching from too much of alcohol. He goes to the washroom and vomits everything. He then turns on the shower and sits under it crying his heart out at his condition.

Rishab wakes up again with a loud knock on the door. He is lying on the bed as he opens his eyes. Holding his head, heavy now from the hangover, he gets out of the bed to open the door. Standing outside is Sikha in a bathrobe, smiling at him. She hugging him says,"Aap kab wahan se chale aye? When I got up, you were not in the bed." Rishab gets out of embrace and says,"What happened last night?" Sikha coming closer says,"Hmm..When you didn't return, I went to the reception and they told me you were in the bar. When we went there, you were sloshed and Ramesh took you to my bedroom. You started kissing and saying how much you love me. You called me Pari. How sweet! We were making out but then you passed out on the bed." She kisses his cheek and says,"Let's have a bath together..." Rishab rubbing his temple says,"I am having a headache. I want to sleep now. I will meet you at lunch. Please leave me alone for sometime.." He closes the door and sits down relieved to know the fact that he had averted major disaster of sleeping with someone he hates from the core of his heart. He running his fingers through his hair thinks,'I didn't call you Pari. You are not my Pari. But then again who is my Pari? Khushi?'