I. BEARING BAD NEWS

YOUR GRACE - JACK SPARROW
[01] || Bearing bad news

Princess Delphine Ainsley was awoken by her handmaiden, the royal princess was known for not being fond of the mornings yet her trusty handmaiden Lucille was always stern and a very good friend to the Princess

As Delphine still lay sprawled across her bed, Lucille entered, paying no mind to the half conscious woman as she pushed the curtains and then the window open, the bright light from the sun entering and making the princess' eyes sting.

"Gah, Lucie," Delphine exclaimed, moving her hand up to her eyes to shield them from the sunlight, "Why must you do that?"

"Up,up, your highness," The woman smiled, "It's a beautiful day, no need for you to miss it," She turned from the window, placing her hand on Delphine's ankle that just hung out from under her covers and giving it a light shake.

With a clap of Lucille's hands, two more maids walked into Delphine's room, one going to the closet and picking out Delphine's nicest gown, the other going to her bed, just as Delphine exited it.

"What's the special occasion?" Delphine asked, as she saw the pretty dress in the maids hands, before walking behind the folding screen, where Lucille stood, and the other maid followed.

"It's Captain Norrington's promotion ceremony, your highness," Lucille stated, "Don't tell me you've forgotten,"

"No, of course I haven't forgotten," Delphine quickly reassured, "I still don't understand why I have to go."

Lucille and the other maid, now messed with Delphine's corset, Lucille tightening it more than she had ever done before. Delphine gasped, harshly moving her head to look at Lucille who payed no mind to the Princess' actions and continued doing her job.

"You have to go, as you're the most prestigious guest in Port Royal," Lucille answered Delphine's question, "You have been since you were fifteen," The statement made Delphine sigh, she had lived in Port Royal eight years, she didn't want to be considered a 'prestigious guest' any longer.

A loud knock at the door made the maid who was making Delphine's bed open, turning around to be better heard she said, "Your highness, it's Governor Swann,"

Delphine now fully dressed, stepped out from behind the folding screen and into the view of the man who had treated her like a daughter since she moved to Port Royal.

"Governor, to what do I owe this pleasure," Delphine began giving the older man a kind smile, "Please do forgive my appearance," Indicating to her unmade hair and makeup,