XV. A WARM FEELING

YOUR GRACE - JACK SPARROW
[15] || A warm feeling

Elizabeth's plan had worked and the three were now off the island on a Royal Navy ship with Governor Swann and Commodore Norrington

"We've got to save Will," Elizabeth said to her father.

"No," He replied, "You're safe now. We will return to Port Royal immediately, not going galavanting after pirates,"

"Then we condemn him to death," Elizabeth shouted once more at her father.

"He helped save Elizabeth, without him she wouldn't be here," Delphine added, they couldn't just leave Will to die she wouldn't allow it.

"The boys fate is regrettable but then so is his decision to engage in piracy,"

"But then what of my decision?" Delphine yelled, she had also commandeered the Interceptor and went after Elizabeth, did that make her a pirate too?

"You were kidnapped, my dear," Governor Swann said to Delphine, "We don't blame you at all,"

"Is that what you think?" Delphine asked, scoffing, she was about to say more but Elizabeth cut in. "They resulted to piracy to prevent anything from happening to me,"

"If I may be so bold as to interject my professional opinion," Jack said coming forward to stand in front of the Governor and Commodore, "Firstly, we did in fact kidnap the princess,"

"Jack!" Delphine yelled his name to him for the first time, "Stop lying, I wasn't kidnapped it was my choice to help rescue my little sister,"

When his name left her lips and entered his ears, a rush of warm flooded his chest, it was then he knew he couldn't ignore him compass any longer but he had to sort this situation out first.

"Secondly," He continued, ignoring the feeling and the girl, "The Pearl was listing scabbers after the battle, it's very unlikely she'll be able to make good time. Think about it, the Black Pearl. The last real pirate threat in the Caribbean, mate,"

"How can you pass that up, eh?"

"By remembering that I serve others, Mr Sparrow, not only myself," Commodore Norrington said before walking off, Elizabeth following after him.

Delphine remained stood by Jack, "Don't you dare go around saying you kidnapped me!" She seethed, looking at him with an anger he hadn't seen before in her eyes.

"It'll save you from getting in some trouble," He said, as an explanation as to why he had said it in the first place.

"I don't care about what trouble I get in Jack," Delphine said, his face softened as he looked at the princess, "I chose to come on this adventure with you and Will, and I do not regret it," Her voice had lowered from her initial angry yelling.

"Delphine," Jack said, looking down at the woman in admiration.

Delphine's eyes widened as a warm feeling, identical to the one Jack had felt, flooded her heart and her chest, making her speechless. She looked up at the pirate with the same look he was going her and was about to ask him about the feeling, despite her conversation with Gibbs but was interrupted by Governor Swann.

"Elizabeth? Are you accepting the commodore's proposal?" He said, gaining the princesses attention.

"What?" Delphine asked, wondering if what she was hearing was correct.

"I am," Elizabeth said, causing the Commodore and Governor to smile at the girl.

"A wedding!" Jack exclaimed, lightly nudging Delphine, "I love weddings, drinks all around,"

The smile on the Commodores face fell, as he looked at Jack sternly.

"I know," Jack said, seeing the look on Norrington's face, "Clap him in irons, right?"

"Mr Sparrow," Norrington said, walking down the stairs of the ship, "you will accompany these fine men to the helm and provide us with a bearing to Isla de Muerta. You will then spend the rest of the voyage contemplating all possible meanings of the phrase, 'silent as the grave.' Do I make myself clear?"

"Inescapably clear," Jack said, before Murtogg and Mullroy grabbed his arms and dragged him off to give the bearing.

***

Delphine and Elizabeth had been locked away in the captains quarters of the Dauntless, due to the Commodore's orders apparently.

"This is Jack Sparrow's doing," Elizabeth yelled at Gillette who didn't believe her about how Barbossa's crew couldn't die.

"Do you think he's set the commodore up?" Delphine asked Elizabeth, who banged on the locked doors a couple more times.

"Of course he has!" Elizabeth yelled, "He probably doesn't even care if Will dies,"

"He's a lot smarter than everyone gives him credit for," Delphine said, smiling to herself.

"If you like him so much," Elizabeth said, but suddenly cut herself off as she had an idea.

Elizabeth explained her plan of getting out the quarters and Delphine nodded along, it was a good plan and it would most likely work. The pair of women rummaged through the draws and cupboards of the Dauntless in order to get what they needed to make their escape.

As the two tied the linens they had found together, Governor Swann came to the door to talk to Elizabeth, Delphine paid no mind as she continued to get ready for their escape from the Dauntless. As the Governor continued to talk on Delphine dropped the tied linens from the ships window and began to make her way down it, Elizabeth following quickly and into the boat that was there.