XXI. HEADING TO LAND

YOUR GRACE - JACK SPARROW
[21] || Heading to land

"I know exactly what I'm doing, your grace," Jack said, when Delphine asked him what he was doing that kept him awake at night

"I know exactly what I'm doing, your grace," Jack said, when Delphine asked him what he was doing that kept him awake at night. Jack had spent a large amount of time in his quarters looking at his compass and his maps, now the compass was of some use and not constantly pointing at Delphine - although when his mind drifted to the princess the point would too.

Delphine slept around Jack would do so, he had let her take his bed, better that than her sleeping with the crew he would say.

She stirred awake as she heard yelling from Jack and the crew as they scurried around the deck of the Black Pearl. As Jack ran into his quarters, Delphine finally jolted awake, "Is everything alright?"

"Yes, everything's fine, your grace," Jack said, looking around him like crazy, "We're heading to land,"

"Land?" Delphine asked, had he found where her was looking for, "What land?"

"Any land," He said looking at her, his face trying to hide the fright he felt. Delphine only narrowed her eyebrows at the man who now went to sit down next to her as she sat up.

***

The Black Pearl was raided, the crew and Delphine were taken and Jack, well Delphine had no idea where Jack was at that moment. Everything had gone downhill since they had made contact with this land, the land Jack insisted they needed to get to.

Delphine was terrified along with the crew as they remained in their hanging 'cell'. Delphine had never experienced heights but she understood now why many people were frightened of them. She looked down in the ravine, hoping anyone would come along and save them before, well before they were eaten.

As they were pulled up, Delphine couldn't help but wonder who was going to be picked next, they all had seen people from the opposite cage been taken, never to return.

It surprised all of the crew when Will Turner was flung into the circular cage and they were steadily dropped again.

"Will?" Delphine questioned, immediately wrapping her arms around him and pulling him into her embrace, "What are you doing here?"

"I could ask you the same question, Delphine," Will asked, pulling out of her embrace to look her up and down, "Aren't you supposed to be Queen?"

"Jack and the crew picked me up on my coronation day," Delphine explained, indicating the Will she hadn't been with Jack long.