XIV. I DON'T DRINK

YOUR GRACE - JACK SPARROW
[14] || I don't drink

Delphine waded onto the island shortly after Elizabeth, her breaths uneven from the amount of swimming that was required to get to it

Delphine waded onto the island shortly after Elizabeth, her breaths uneven from the amount of swimming that was required to get to it. Jack was just behind her.

"That's the second time I've watched that man sail away with my ship," Jack said as the three watched the Black Pearl sail away.

"I'm sure some sea turtles will show up and we'll be on our way in no time," Delphine retorted, referring to the story of how Jack got off the island the last time. She was not happy, she didn't want to be stranded on an island where she'd most likely die and never be found.

Jack sighed at her sarcastic comment and began to walk more into the island.

"You were marooned on this island before, weren't you?" Elizabeth asked Jack, running after him, while Delphine strolled after them both, "We can escape in the same way you did then,"

Delphine scoffed, Elizabeth wasn't there when Gibbs told the story, if she was she wouldn't be saying that, even if the story was incredibly unbelievable.

"To what point and purpose, young missy?" Jack said, turning around to confront Elizabeth, "The Black Pearl is gone, unless you have a rudder a lot of sails hidden in that bodice, unlikely, young Mr Turner will be dead long before you can reach him,"

"But you're Captain Jack Sparrow," Elizabeth said, "You vanished under the eyes of seven agents of the East India Company, you sack Nassau port without even firing a shot."

"Are you the pirate I've read about or not?"

Delphine couldn't stand to listen to their conversation any longer, she knew the hope Elizabeth had was without reason, and she didn't have much of it herself. She walked from where the two continued to talk about Jacks last time on the island and went to sit on the beach. It was calm and peaceful a welcome change from what had been happening in Delphine's life the past few days.

Jack soon joined Delphine's side as she lay on the beach. He pushed her a bottle of rum as he sat down.

"I don't drink," Delphine said, looking at him as he took a swig of his bottle.

"You should try it, your grace," He said, holding up his already opened bottle for her to take and have a swig to see what she thought. When she took the bottle and did just that she nearly spat the drink out, the unfamiliar taste not settling well on her lips.

"Please, call me Delphine," She said, her eyes drifting shut, her tiredness finally taking over and pulling her into unconsciousness.

***

After Jack and Elizabeth has been dancing around the fire, they lay down together on the sand and Jack got out his compass, wondering where it would point to now.

He followed the compass point and saw directly where it was pointing, Delphine's sleeping figure not too far down the beach from where him and Elizabeth were. Jack shut his compass angrily and let out a groan, he knew what his compass was telling him and as much as he was happy to meet the woman we was destined to be with, he couldn't help but think that she was too good for him, after all she was a princess on her way to become queen, she had no room in her life for a pirate, especially not him.

"What was that about, Mr Sparrow?" Elizabeth asked, observing the way he was acting just moments before. She followed his eye line to see where he was looking and when her eyes reached Delphine, she gasped. "You like Delphine?" Elizabeth slurred her words, her act of getting drunk still continuing.

"No, of course not," Jack said, quickly pulling his eyes away from Delphine to look at Elizabeth.

"She doesn't want to be queen, you know," Elizabeth said, she could see the saddened look in Jacks eyes and immediately knew what he was thinking. "She wants freedom, and since that's what the Black Pearl is.. maybe you can give that to her,"

***

Delphine awoke to Elizabeth shaking her up, "Come on, help me make a bonfire,"

"What?" Delphine asked, she was still tired, just waking up from her first proper rest in a few days.

Elizabeth didn't answer and walked off to where there was already a massive fire, the smoke blowing all over the place. Delphine noticed Jack asleep on the beach not far from fire and wondered how he hadn't woken up from the smell.

As if she jinxed it, as Delphine stood up and walked past Jack he also stood up, looking at the fire Elizabeth had created in front of them, every barrel was burning and even the trees around them were set alight.

"No, not good," Jack said, rushing forward to Elizabeth, Delphine following closely behind. "What are you doing? You've burned all the food, the shade, the rum,"

"Yes, the rum is gone,"

"Why is the rum gone?"

Elizabeth turned around to face the pirate, "One because it is a vile drink that turns even the most respectable men into complete scoundrels. Two, that signal is over a thousand feet high. The entire Royal Navy is out looking for me, and very likely Delphine as well."

"Do you really think there is even the slightest chance that they won't see it?"

"But why is the rum gone?" Jack asked, ignoring Elizabeth's valid reasons for why the drink was gone.

"Just you wait, Captain Sparrow," Elizabeth said, sitting down on the beach, "you will see white sails on that horizon," Jack pulled out him gun, before looking at Delphine who scowled and quickly putting away, walking off along the beach.

"I don't want the Royal Navy finding me," Delphine said, sitting down next to Elizabeth in the sand.

"I know and I'm sorry," She said, "but it's our only way of getting off this forsaken island."