XIX. BONE TO PICK

YOUR GRACE - JACK SPARROW
[19] || Bone to pick

YOUR GRACE - JACK SPARROW [19] || Bone to pick

"Your highness, there's a Mr. Smith here to see you,"

"Can't it wait?" Delphine snapped, she didn't recognise the name and quite honestly wanted to be left alone with her thoughts.

"He's quite persistent, your highness," The guard said, "We're not quite sure how he got in, in the first place but he claims it's urgent,"

Delphine narrowed her eyebrows, what could someone she didn't know have to say that was so urgent?

"Fine, let him in," Delphine said, to the guard who nodded and left before re-entering, someone she definitely wasn't expecting to see that day, waltzing in behind him.

"Your grace!" Jack throwing his arms up in excitement and making his way to Delphine only to be stopped by the guard who had let him in pushing him back.

"It's alright," Delphine said to the guard, who looked at her is disbelief, "You can leave,"

"But, your highness," The guard pleaded, looking from her to Jack, his eyes showing how skeptical he was of the latter.

"I said, you can leave," Delphine said, more demanding than the time before. The guard nodded, before leaving her room, shutting the door behind him.

"This place is nice," Jack said, looking around her room, "suitable for a queen I'd say,"

"I'll be sure to tell the decorators you approve," Delphine said, her eyes glued onto Jacks figure. He hadn't walked any closer to her, only around her room, which was putting the girl on edge.

"I've got a bone to pick with you, your grace," Jack said, finally turning to her and waking towards her.

"And I, you," Delphine said her voice almost a yell yet she decided it would be best not to alert the guards who probably stood right outside her door.

Jack's eyes narrowed and his face lowered to look at Delphine who looked up at him in annoyance, as if in realisation the pirates eyes widened and he pointed from Delphine to himself.

"I'll go first," Jack said, smirking as the princess scoffed. "This bloody thing won't stop pointing towards you," He pulled his 'broken' compass off of his belt and chucked it to Delphine who caught it with ease.

Delphine opened the compass and watched as the point moved back and forth, she scanned her eyes upwards to see Jack making the exact same movements as the compass, still in awe of her bedroom. "It's pointing at you," Delphine said, as she shut the compass.