VI. THE ANNOYING DRESS

YOUR GRACE - JACK SPARROW
[06] || The annoying dress

The, now, trio made their way to the docks, they'd need a ship and intended on going with Jack's original plan of commandeering one

The, now, trio made their way to the docks, they'd need a ship and intended on going with Jack's original plan of commandeering one. They also established that Will would be willing to die for Elizabeth, this making Jack certain their little adventure would be worth going on, he didn't ask Delphine the same question and the Princess was glad. As much as she loved Elizabeth, Delphine knew she had other responsibilities, and honestly couldn't afford to die. However, she knew she had to go on this rescue mission with Will, she couldn't stay in Port Royal knowing Elizabeth and Will weren't safe.

"We're going to hide under that boat?" Delphine asked the pirate who nodded in response. Delphine looked down at her expensive dress, it was going to be a heavy burden whilst they were wading through the water.

"Just take it off, your grace," Jack said, noticing the girl looking down at her dress, "No one would mind," Delphine scoffed, in spite she decided to keep the dress on.

***

The three had managed to walk fully under water with the boat above them practically saving their lives. Delphine was in between the two men, she had managed to pin up her long brown hair saving it from the effects of sea water, however in order to spite the pirate in front of her she hadn't managed to do the same with her dress.

The long dress trailed behind her with Delphine holding the boat rather than the fabric this caused the younger boy behind her to step in the flowing garment, sending the girl forward. Delphine's body collided with Jack's as she fell forward in the water, her head would've fully submerged if it weren't for Will grabbing her waist holding her up.

"Grab the boat again," Delphine said loudly, causing Will to realise if he let the boat go the amount of air space would decrease.

"Your dress is annoying," Will explained, causing Delphine to turn and send him a glare. She had now let go of the boat, determining two people were enough to hold it and therefore tried as best as she could to gather the material so what just happened would be reoccurring.

"I told ya, your grace, should've taken it off," Jack remarked, causing Delphine to purposefully stand on the back of his foot now they were walking again.

"I'm going to need a change of clothes," Delphine sighed, speaking to no one in particular, but as she looked at the back of Jacks head, she saw him nod in agreement.

"We'll get you sorted out eventually," He said.

***

After a little longer of walking under the ocean, Will said, "This is either madness or brilliance," He paused for a bit before continuing, "Well due to Delphine's annoying dress I'd say more of the former,"

"Shut up," Delphine hissed, she was in a bad mood due to said 'annoying dress' and the weight it was placing on her, especially now it was soaking wet.

"It's remarkable how often those two traits coincide," Jack spoke, ignoring the comment about the girl and the once she made.

As if on cue, Will stepped in a wooden box both Delphine and Jack had managed to avoid, when he tried to shake it off it just wouldn't budge causing the girl walking in front of him to laugh.

"You deserve that," Delphine said, chuckling lightly at the scene, however karma soon hit her as she once again tripped over the fabric of her dress that had been freed from her hands and she went flying into Jack, who grunted loudly due to being pushed by the Princess once again.

"No, you deserved that," Will replied, laughing. His laugher became contagious and the princess soon began laughing at their whole situation, to their surprise Jack even let out a soft chuckle.

***

With the help of Jack and Will, Delphine managed to scale the side of the ship they were commandeering. Once on board, the two men made their way forward to claim the ship, yet Delphine stayed a little bit behind, wringing the fabric of her dress, which dripped as she walked. She hoped getting rid of some of the water would lighten the dress and make it dry quicker.

After wringing our all the water she could she walked forward following where Will and Jack had gone before her. After a few steps, she saw the two talking to a group of sailors on the ship, laughing at them, and most likely finding their idea to commandeer the ship ridiculous. Delphine made her way down the steps one creaking as she did so, gaining the attention of every man onboard.

"Princess Delphine, have they taken you hostage?" One said, about to rush forward to her aid but Delphine put up her hand to stop him.

"Of course not, we're here to commander the ship," She said, making her way to Jack and Will's side.

"As I said to these two, you wouldn't make it past the bay, your highness,"

"And as I said, I'm Captain Jack Sparrow," Jack cocked his gun and placed it towards his head, smirking.

The three had managed to get all of the other men into a little boat and sent them on their way as they planned to 'take' the Dauntless. Delphine stood with Jack by the wheel of the ship, she watched as the Commodore could be seen looking at them.

"Here they come," Will said, running up to the pair.

***

As the men from the Interceptor made their way to the Dauntless, Delphine, Will and Jack did the exact opposite, swinging across to the Interceptor to fulfil their plans of commandeering that ship instead of the Dauntless.

Delphine had to give it to Jack, the Interceptor was now empty and was an easy target making their plan of commandeering it perfect. Jack cut the rope to the grapples and as the ship began moving forward the wooden plank connecting the two toppled into the water.

"Thank you, Commodore, for getting us ready to make way," Jack yelled, waving his hat at Commodore Norrington. "We'd have had a hard time of it by ourselves."

Gunshots rang and Jack pulled Delphine down quickly not wanting her to get shot. Delphine was thankful and continued to be thankful knowing they wouldn't be able to be fired at with cannons.

"You've got to be the best pirate I've ever seen," Delphine said, playing on the words Commodore Norrington had spoke only a day earlier.

"Of course, your grace," Jack said, doing a mock bow, "What an honour, coming from you,"

Delphine laughed, turning around to see the Dauntless far away in the distance, "Will you stop calling me that?"

"Calling you what, your grace?" He said, a teasing smirk filling his slips.

"I have a name," Delphine scoffed, but couldn't help a smile forming, "there's no need for such formalities, I wouldn't expect them from you anyway,"

"You don't know anything about me, your grace,"