X. IT WAS HER

YOUR GRACE - JACK SPARROW
[10] || It was her

Delphine had no knowledge of boats so was pretty useless when they were sailing through a gigantic storm, the strong winds hit the sails harshly, large waves were hitting the crew and sending them backwards and the heavy rain also made the conditi...

Delphine had no knowledge of boats so was pretty useless when they were sailing through a gigantic storm, the strong winds hit the sails harshly, large waves were hitting the crew and sending them backwards and the heavy rain also made the conditions worse. 

Delphine ran up the stairs to where Jack was at the wheel, "Is there anything I can do?"

"Get back inside, your grace," He yelled at her, he had originally told her to stay in the captains quarters.

"But I want to help," Delphine argued back, she felt useless sat around waiting, hoping for everyone and everything to be alright.

"You're more help waiting inside," Jack said, Delphine's face deflated, he thought she was useless, she knew it. Upon seeing her face fall, Jack sighed before adding, "It'll give everyone the peace of mind that you're safe, we can't risk ya life,"

Delphine smiled lightly at Jacks attempt to make her feel better about herself, before heading down the stairs and into the captains quarters once more.

***

Once the storm had cleared up, Delphine left the Captains quarters. The Interceptor was sailing through the ruins of many other ships and the sight saddened Delphine and all of the crew.

"Puts a chill in the bones, how many honest sailors have been claimed by this passage," Delphine heard Gibbs say as she made her way up to where Jack was still at the wheel.

Mr Cotton stood behind their Captain as he looked at his compass determining the direction they needed to be heading in now.

"Will said your compass is broken," Delphine said, causing Jack to jump a little bit and turn to look at Delphine.

"Not broken, your grace," He said, smiling at her, "Working fine,"

"But he said it doesn't point north,"

"It doesn't need to," He smirked at the girl before turning back to the wheel. Delphine hummed in response, she wasn't satisfied so headed back down the stairs seeing if she could get answers somewhere else.

When Delphine was gone, Jack opened his compass once more, his eyes widened when the point of the compass wasn't where it was just before Delphine came. It was her, he thought, Why her and why now? He asked himself, closing the compass before trying to let his mind be taken over by thoughts of the Black Pearl and the Isla de Muerta and not of Delphine who was interfering at the moment.

Delphine made her way to Will who looked like he had the same idea in asking around about Jacks compass, both of them were intrigued at why he kept a broken compass and why the fact it was broken meant it was working.

"Not a lots known about Jack Sparrow before he showed up in Tortuga with a mind to find the treasure of the Isla de Muerta," She heard Gibbs explaining to Will, she casually came up next to them listening as if she had been there the whole time. "That was before I had met him, when he captained the Black Pearl,"

"What?" Will and Delphine asked at the same time, this new information stunning them.

"He failed to mention that," Will added looking towards Jack Sparrow.

"He plays things closer to the vest now, a hard learned lesson it was," Gibbs tells, "Three days out on a venture, the first mate comes to him and says, 'Everything's an equal share, that should mean the location of the treasure too.' So Jack gives up the bearings. That night there was a mutiny," Delphine gasped, she wasn't expecting that,

"They marooned Jack on an island and left him to die but not before he'd gone mad with the heat,"

"Ah, so that's the reason for all the," Will began pausing as he began pulling facial expressions like Jack, causing Delphine to let out a breathy laugh but quickly stop herself.

"Reasons got nothing to do with it." Gibbs said before continuing and sitting down, "Now Will, Delphine," They sat with him down "When a pirates marooned, he's given a pistol with a single shot - one shot. That won't do much good for hunting, not to be rescued. But after three weeks of a starving belly and thirst, that pistol started to look real friendly," Delphine closed her eyes, what Gibbs was telling them was terrible and she couldn't believe Jack had to go through it.

"But Jack escaped the island and he still has that single shot. He won't use it though, save on one man. His mutinous first mate."

"Barbossa," Will said in realisation and Gibbs confirmed it with an "Aye,"

"How did Jack manage to get off the island?" Delphine asked, that was what was really intriguing her.

"I'll tell ye, Princess," Gibbs said, "He waded out into the shallows and he waited there three days and three nights till all manner of sea creatures came acclimated to his presence. On the fourth morning, he roped himself a couple of sea turtles, lashed em together and made a raft,"

"He roped a couple of sea turtles," Will repeated not really looking like he was believing the story, "What did he use for rope?"

Gibbs was speechless, clearly no one had ever questioned the story of how Jack escaped the island with his life.

"Human hair," Jack said, from in front of them, where he had heard what they were talking about, "From my back,"

Jack yelled for his crew to lower the anchor, before saying that him and Will would go ashore.

"What about me?" Delphine exclaimed, "I've come this far,"

"It's not safe for you out there, your grace," Jack said, "We'll be back with your precious Miss Swann,"

Delphine only huffed, she wanted to help rescue Elizabeth herself but knew there was no point in arguing, especially because Will was nodding his head in agreement with what Jack was saying.

"He's right, Delphine," Will said, "It's safer for you to on the ship."