14. Catch Them at the Museum

"We should go to the museum early," Mia suggests. "We can hide out before they come and then take them by surprise."

Agent Santos gives Mia a skeptical look. "Aren't they going to be expecting us to come, though? They'll search everywhere for us."

Mia frantically searches her brain for an excuse to make it look like she's not just making things up on the spot—even though she is. "Agent Santos, we don't have many options. We have to figure out what we're doing by tonight. At this point, they will be expecting us to show up either way. It's either we go early and find a secure spot to hide or we go halfway through their scheme when they're on high alert."

The woman sits silently, pondering Mia's words. Mia watches her nervously. Did she say the right thing? Maybe it's just her, but she feels like Agent Santos is looking right through her. That she can see through all of her lies and will expose her for it any second.

Then, the agent smiles. "You're right. It's good to have you here, Agent White." Her watch beeps. She turns it off, ignoring whatever it is. "I've been looking for someone to take initiative around here. Alright, so we go to the museum early this evening and wait for them there. What do you want to do then?"

Is Mia expected to map out this entire plan? She already created the foundation, what more does she need to do?

"Uh..." She tries to remember every secret agent movie she has ever seen. She can't think of anything. "We wait and let them get comfortable with the idea that we're not coming. Then we can also see what they're there for. Then we can jump into action."

Agent Santos silently thinks again. Mia sits back, not feeling as nervous as she once was. The woman seems to really believe she is Agent White. I still can't believe that I did this. That I'm partaking in a serious mission.

"Alright, easy enough." Agent Santos stands up. Mia scrambles off of the couch. "Let's get ready."

The agent leads Mia up a pair of stairs and into a large room. Mia's eyes widen. The room is filled with rows upon rows of different outfits. Hanging on the walls are a variety of different weapons, from handguns to knives to weapons she hasn't ever seen. It's awe-striking and frightening at the same time to see so many dangerous objects in the same room.

Agent Santos drapes an outfit over her arm. She throws Mia a pair of clothing, which she barely catches. Fortunately, the agent doesn't notice.

Agent Santos grabs two random guns and places them in his belt. She motions towards the wall, inviting Mia to take her pick.

Mia looks up at the wall nervously. She doesn't know what any of them does. Her eyes catch onto a mysterious, box-looking object. It looks completely different from any other weapon in the room.

She then looks at a small, black gun. She can probably assume what that can do. At this point, Agent Santos is waiting impatiently for her to choose. Mia just needs to pick one so that they can progress with their mission.

Not knowing which one to pick, she grabs them both.

The agent raises a brow. "Those? Well, to each their own. Let's go, we don't have much time."

Mia is slightly embarrassed that she doesn't known what her weapons of choice are. Hopefully she can figure out how to use them by tonight.

They get into the car and head for the museum. Fortunately, it's close to the house, so they arrive in record time. It's still early, meaning that there are still people viewing the displays. They enter the building. An employee approaches the two, asking them to pay an entry fee. Agent Santos shows a badge. The man's eyes widen. He nods and steps aside.