24. Stay Up Late

We're binge-watching this all night, Mia tells herself excitedly. She gets up to make herself a coffee before she continues. She's going to need another caffeine boost if she's going to pay attention to all of the episodes.

Once she's back under her covers, she presses play. Her phone buzzes. With a sigh, she sees that it's another reminder from Terry about the movie night at John's. It seems a little harsh to ignore him all night. She has to respond sooner or later, and the guilt will be too much if she texts back in the morning.

Mia looks back up at her TV. It seems wrong to not go to John's just to watch TV, which is what they are planning to do at his house. If she declines the offer, she'll just go to sleep. She's tired, anyway, and hasn't had a sip of her coffee yet. That'll weigh better on her conscience.

What's the harm in going, though? She doesn't hang out with her co-workers enough. She has always stuck with Therese without giving anyone else a chance. Maybe she can get to know her colleagues better. That seems to be a better use of her time. If she begs Therese to come, then she can stick with her if needed.

Mia yawns. She needs to think of a response fast before she falls asleep. What should she tell Terry?

Mia has had a successful day. You being a replacement, I wouldn't proceed the night any further. You may risk tarnishing your incredible performance.

Go to Bed ... Chapter 23

Go to John's ... Chapter 27