0.19

William

The rest of the week didn't get much better. Randomly, everything would hit me like a bus.

Once or twice, I saw him at lunch and my heart would begin to ache. How could someone so good looking be so cruel to me?

My eating hasn't been doing well this past week either. I'm back down to 111 and I planned to get lower. So I guess that's good...

Everything is just crumbling again. My friends all found out and weren't too happy. I just shrugged it off as if it didn't hurt me.

My family have been trying to cheer me up. My sisters would offer to watch movies or go out, just do something, but I always declined their offers guiltily.

I decided that I would at least try and make myself feel a little better.

I texted Nicholas and asked him to meet me at the skate park whenever. He happily agreed.

I decided to walk instead of driving there. I needed the excersize and it was a nice night out.

My body felt very weak, though. But I just waved it off as I walked.

Soon, the park came to view and a rush of relief washed over me. I could've just ran to it, but I didn't.

I open the gate, searching for anybody here. My eyes landed on Nicholas, who was on his skateboard, trying to do some type of simple trick on it.

"Hi."

He looked up, a smile growing on his face. "Oh, hey." Slowly, he got off the skateboard, grabbing it. "Wanna try? I got a little better at it, not by much though."

I laugh, shaking my head, "nah, I'm alright. Glad you got better."

"Have you been doing alright?" Nick questions, cocking his head to the side. "We haven't talked in a while and I wanted to make sure you were fine." 

I sigh as I shrug, "just a rough patch, I guess. Sorry I haven't talked to you, I didn't mean to push you away.

He nodded in understanding, leaning against the structure.  "It's okay, do you want to talk about it? That might help. You don't have to talk about everything. Just whatever you want."

Talking it all out seemed fine. Everything has been building up and I could hardly handle it.

"Well, first of all, my mental health has been shitty lately. My family is worried about me. I got cheated on and was used for sex. I'm stressed out about school. I don't know what the hell to even do anymore."

I just huff, feeling better with just giving a summary of what's wrong instead of going into details.

"Well," Nick started, licking his pink lips. "I'm not the best at giving advice, but hopefully his can help."

I shrug, figuring that no one could really help.

"Just remember to take care of yourself." He reminded me with a smile. "Make sure you're eating and drinking enough. Remember to take a shower and get your sleep. Spend time with family. Don't beat yourself up when you're feeling sad, unmotivated, or overwhelmed.

He paused for a moment, looking down. "Just  remember that it's a bad day or week, things will get a little better. Just cherish good times like spending time with family or friends."

I took every single word Nicholas said into consideration. I realize that whenever things are going downhill, I forget to take care of myself or appreciate everything.

I send Nicholas a smile, "thank you... Thank you so much." His eyes widened in surprise. "No one really ever gives me useful help. It's always 'stay positive' or 'wait til it gets better'. So thank you so much."