Chapter 5: The Garden Assembly

All the children are hurrying down from their respective combs (rooms) and clattering across the corridors. Ami, Anu and Yash hold each other's sweaty hands unnoticed. Lots of thoughts are swirling around in their little minds and faces are blank because there are mixed expressions running in their mind. They are nervous for sure but, with anxiety, excitement, stress, elation, anticipation, enthusiasm and eagerness. Their hearts are tingling in their mouths and blood pressure pumping all around the body. All the vital signs are numb and only they could see the students walking past them with a few glances at them and going to the assembly garden.

Anan is standing beside them and is shaking them for the past two minutes because they have to head out because the assembly is about to start. They are still not moving and 'no emotion' stick to their face. They are staring at the lonely corridors because everyone is out leaving the four. Anan gives a peck with his right hand on Yash's cheek. With that Yash jumps a little bit and because of shock, he smashes Anu's hand which he is holding from that long. Anu comes to senses with that and yells out and with the yelling Ami gains consciousness. When they are all conscious but still with that No-emotion face, Anan brakes the silence.

Anan: Students, don't be nervous. Everything will be fine and there are Khrū (Teacher) here, if you have any problems please approach them.

The three of them nod, but only listening half of it. Anan just smiles at the reaction of the three nervous kids and takes them and heads towards the assembly garden. When they come out, the three kids jaw drops seeing the place that is completely changed from when they see it. Now, in the middle where there is a fountain laid a Le tulaga (Assembly stage), with marble tiles.

Teachers are standing at the farthest corner of Le Tulaga. Around the Le Tulaga there are four carpets of different colours (Red, blue, green and transparent one). Around the garden there are flags. When they keenly notice it there are four different kinds of flags, around the garden which are as high as sky. When they turn to Anan, for answers he has started already.

Anan(pointing out to show): As you can see, there are four carpets on the floor resembling four houses, as you all know those are
1) The Witches and Wizards on red carpets
2) The Fairies on the Green carpet
3) The Mermaids on the Blue carpet
4) The Wimefa on transparent ones but that is empty.

Anan (explaining): Students are again divided into classes as I told you earlier about your standards. Now, as you can see the flags high above, those are resemblance of the four houses. Now, every house has a two prefects, one boy and one girl and the school has four captains which are termed as:
1) Head Boy who has the highest authority
2) Head Girl
3) CCA Captain
4) Sports Captain.

Anan: They are already elected by students. They can help you in the school. Now, Ami as you should go and stand on the transparent carpet, Anu you should stand on the Green carpet, to seventh standards and Yash you should head towards the red carpet and join the Sixth standards. And when I call you up, please come and introduce yourself.

With that Anan calls the prefects of the two houses and they lead Anu and Yash to their respective houses and standards. Ami goes on her own because she is the only one. When she is heading to the respective place, she hears a male voice.

The person (smiling): Can I help you? I think you are lost.

Ami (smiling): Sorry, but I am not lost, I am heading in the right direction.

The person (laughing): I am the Head Boy of the school and I see where you are heading. That's the place for Wimefas, and I have not seen you before? May I know who are you?

Ami (she doesn't like too many questions): I am Ami and I am a Wimefa. I think I don't owe you an explanation.

Head boy (straightening up and pulling out his wand): Then, Miss Ami, I have take the information out in my own way.