Part 34

Khru Flash: And The Stealthy Dodger is Ami.

It was the third time in the day Ami was shocked and this was really powerful shocks her to handle. She had never thought that she would be selected for the house team and as a dodger. Ami didn't know how to react, but her teammates were telling her to go. Her mind stopped working but, her legs were making her way towards the ground. The jealousy thing again hit her and this time hard. She could feel some people burning with it and she knew who they were but, she could feel a person from the stands feeling jealous, but, didn't know who because, Spark, Cain and Kaia were right in front of her. Ami ignored it by telling herself, that may be from Spark's gang and made her way towards the fairies.

Khru Flash(again speaking up): Why are you all so silent, clap.

Everyone started clapping and Ami felt as if she was on the seventh cloud right now because it was just an unexpected thing which was full of joy that she had got today. Mom will be so proud of me when I tell her this and even Anu and Yash. Yash will jump with excitement and mom would proudly say it to everyone that I am selected for the school sports team. Ami was smiling brightly, then someone was poking her hand and when she saw, it was Abner who was smiling brightly.

Abner(whispering): Congratulations, Dodger.

Ami(smiling): Congratulations to you too Captain.

Ami then saw the happy ball in her hand which was smiling proudly at her. Ami gave the ball a tight hug to the ball and smiled at it. The ball was really a lucky charm for Ami.

Everyone was now moving out because the selections were over but, they still had 10 minutes for the school to end. Ami, Drake, Henry, Tod, Hail and Abner made their way towards Nep who was waiting for them. Nep was smiling, but Ami knew he was hurt.

Nep(smiling): Congratulations. You all made it.

Ami(smiles): Thank you Nep.

Ami knew he was heavy-hearted but, he was smiling only because they shouldn't feel bad and he didn't want them to be upset because of him.

Tod(smiles): Nep, you were good, but it's just bad luck or else you would have made it.

Nep(smiles): I am not sad about it, it's just I need to practise more that's it.

Henry(high fives Nep): That's the spirit best mate and I know you are the best player.

Nep(smiles): Yes!

Ami could clearly see the pain in Nep's eyes and she could feel that he was sad about today. Ami placed a hand on Nep's shoulder and whispered 'Don't be sad.' Nep returned a smile to her and then everyone made their way out to the Assembly Garden because the 11th and 12th standards were leaving. Hail, Tod and Abner said their byes to the boys and exchanged a brotherly hug with the three of them. Ami was watching them with a smile and the ball with her which was also smiling. Hail and Abner said their goodbyes to Ami and were now talking with Drake, Henry and Nep. Tod excused himself and went to talk to Ami.

Ami(smiling): Bye, Tod. Remember your promise.

Tod(smiles): Cross my heart. Ami, can you also promise me one thing?

Ami(confused): I can't tell, but I will try.

Tod(smiles): That's enough. Ami, please don't ever leave Drake alone. I know that it was you who helped him from not getting depressed. Please, Ami, promise me you will always be his best friend and will continue this friendship.

Ami(explaining): Well, we are not best friends, but I promise you to maintain our friendship, but I can't help it when he acts mad. Then, I will beat him.