Part 33

Khru Flash, pointed his wand in the air and spelt 'SHOOT' which sounded as if he had shot a bullet in the air but, it was not a bullet but, sparks from his wand came out with the sound of a bullet and Ami was now aware the game has started because Tod and Hail had run off to the centre to get the ball, Ami was now looking at the mermaids, she saw the sports captain and a girl who was not from her school. Both mermaids swam to the line and took the balls and then immediately throws them to their teammates and then again swam over to them, meanwhile their players we're doing the same and then, they all took position for the balls to come and dodge them. Ami was happy that she dodges the first ball that was coming towards her, she saw that the angry ball was really angry when it was coming towards her but, she dodged it successfully. She could feel the heat emitted from the angry ball and then when she dodged it, the angry ball again returned to the opponent's team. From here, Drake, Henry and Nep were shooting balls and in middle Tod and Hail were shooting balls. Ami just kept dodging the angry balls which were becoming harder and harder because the angry balls were now becoming frustrated balls and it was getting harder to dodge them and the same. The same tension was seen in the water between the mermaids because they were also dodging all the balls. Hail, Drake and Henry were now throwing the balls with more force into the pool of water towards them. Everyone was silent but, the tension was making noise in the two teams and then, the tension ceased a little from our side when Tod hit a mermaid who was trying effectively to dodge the ball but, Tod with his sports skills shot the ball correctly at him.

Ami who was beside him gave him a smile and the ball which hit the mermaid came flying in her hand and now Tod was giving her a 'Go on' smile to her and she took a huge breath, caught the ball and with full of her force and the knowledge she got by watching them, she threw the ball towards the sports captain, but he easily dodged it and the threw the ball in his hand towards Ami, with double the force. Ami had a haunted expression when the ball came towards her, her mind stopped working and her feet stopped moving and her body was glued on the ground. In a fraction of seconds, Tod came in front of her and caught the ball with his hands firmly without touching his body and Ami was still looking at him with a haunted look. How did he catch the ball? Khru Flash told that it was hard. Ami thought when the angry ball now became their angry ball and now Tod was dodging his balls with the ball he caught. The tension between the mermaids increased because now two players were out and one of their balls was theirs now. Ami was still successfully able to dodge the angry balls but, could not throw balls. After 15 minutes of all of this, the Winning Wizards/Witches were clear winners and the next players were being ready.

Ami(walking above the stands with them): Tod, how did you catch the ball?

Tod(smiles): It is based on two factors, one was I was lucky enough and the second one is you should know with how much speed the ball is coming towards you and then when the timing is good when you can catch the ball, you know all this you will learn in Phyiry. This is the second time I caught the ball.

Ami(wide and sitting in the stands): How could you catch that angry ball which was full of fierce like that and you call it easy?

Tod(sitting beside her): You know, practise makes a person perfect and that's why I did it and that's why I am the sports captain.

Ami(looks at the next team between wizards/witches and mermaids): Oh, I see. Hey, can you teach me how to catch the ball, if you don't mind?

Tod(smiles): Now you are getting interested in-game, ah? Well, that's a good thing. Of course, I will teach you. But, I don't think that's possible now. When I come here again for house matches I will surely then.

Ami(smiles): Thank you.

Tod(smiles): Thanks to you.

Ami(confused): You know this is the second time I didn't get you, you talk so confusingly which I can't understand.