Part 12 The pearl

When he opened the door, he visited only darkness. The evening sun rays which were enough to light the front part of the cottage which the cottage did not permit and they not welcomed, as if there was an old nasty old woman living inside a small house and not allowing children to enter her house. The sun rays were only welcomed to the doorstep and then no trace of it. Strange? Yash thought. 

Yash(confused and staring at the line of darkness and light, which were correctly divided): Guys, see this. (Pointing towards the finely divided line)

Ami, Anu, Spark, Drake and Henry who were focusing at the darkness of the cottage shifted their sight and were staring with wide eyes and figuring out what was this to mean. Is this some kind of a joke? Every time we tend to solve a mystery, a new one appears and heck we didn't even solve the mystery completely? God, help us. Mercy please, we are kids! Anu thought but, that was no use, when you have already set sailing in north atlantic ocean and soon to Bermuda Triangle. 

Drake(dumbfounded but managed to speak): What the hell is this now? Why is there a line between brightness and darkness and why light is not entering inside?

Ami(annoyed and confused): You know we didn't live here for 100 years. (Drake shot a glare but Ami simply turned away). Shall, we go in or else one more conundrum will take place and then we need to solve 1000 at once. 

Spark(nodding): Yes, we shall go in because we don't have much time left and if we are late God, knows what will Khru Anan do to us?

Everyone nodded, except Henry who was still staring at the line but, not saying anything at all. Anu waved her palms before him, he did not blinked for 3 waves but, then when Anu started waving hastily he blinked. 

Anu(raising an eyebrow): What on the magical kingdom were you thinking? And don't tell you were simply staring because you know something and don't say 'NOTHING' because we already have enough mysteries to solve and you are making matters worse so spit the information out.

Henry(blinking hardly): Ok, ok! I know this about this cottage, I had read about this in my father's study and the picture which I saw resembles the same and the description also matches, but only thing which I don't have an idea of it's building work which Anu had mention, because there was no mentioning about the rare gemstone in the book and.......

Anu(dark and cutting himm in the middle): Now that's the last straw, will you please jump to the point directly and tell us what this cottage means and please we don't have time. 

Henry(grinning): Yes, I will. So, this is known as 'COTTAGE FOR MASTERMINDS', as the name suggests it is for the people who are sagacious and savvy, can only enter the cottage. It contains all the equipments and the magic that a person needs to in inventing things. Basically, this cottage is like a comprehensive laboratory but, it is only available to one person who has skill to use it and this cottage only allows them in. But, there is one more thing.

Yash(Listening to every point seriously): What?

Henry: Oh, this cottage was not found by anyone since 100 years and many people have tried finding this cottage to use it, but no luck because this cottage never appeared and after sometime, people just forgot about it and now, you know this is just bizarre because we have found this cottage with no hunting, heck we were not even finding this. What is happening we start with something and end with something else? Don't you think this whole lot thing is a little unusual?

Ami(thinking): You know this is not a little unusual but a whole lot strange thing? You know you guys should have gotten habituated with it because you are born in this magical place and for you strange thing happen everyday and this is only our 2nd day and we are here already solving dangerous mysteries.