Chapter 21

Ami and Ma get ready to go for bed. Ma kisses Ami on her forehead and bids her goodnight. Ami smiles and vanishes under her covers for a peaceful sleep after a horrific night. But, little did she know that her night would not be good and it would not be a night either. She was rolling on her bed, trying to sleep, covering her ears with the pillow but, nothing happened. Ami was able to hear her brother's and sister's dreams and thoughts and when she closes her eyes she is able to visualise them. She kept trying to get some sleep but, no use. They were dreaming too hard and that was disturbing her. Anu was dreaming that she was surrounded with lot of beauty products and gemstones and she was wearing a gorgeous pink dress and was dancing between the flowers. While, Yash on the other hand was sitting in a room with all gaming consoles which were too loud and hectic. Ami, was not interested in both of them equally. She liked both of the things but, to their limits. She loved books as they two liked these things. Ami was twirling around the bed, she was getting no sleep and now she was tired of it. She half heartedly got up with her bushy hair in a whole lot mess, spreading wildly across her face. She just fastly moved her hair from her face so that her view would be clear but, still her hair was a mess on the top of her head.

She slowly made her way towards the closed door and once looked back, starting her trail from her three most important people in her life and then checked the time which was showing 3:30 a.m. Ami just grinned at it and slowly made her way out of the room and into the living room which was dark. When Ami crossed Mi's room she waited to hear Mi's dreams but, no use she couldn't. Maybe, he is not dreaming? Why would he need to dream, he has already made our lives a nightmare. With that thought Ami went and sat on the couch only switching on the lamp which was beside it. Ami kept thinking about what happened to her and how she was luckily saved by Drake. But, wait one second, she got a thought. Shit, Drake didn't tell me about the forgotten kingdom. Shit, Ami how can you forget? Wait, I can ask him tomorrow. With that thought Ami smiled and unconsciously drifted into deep slumber.

The next morning,

Ma(shaking Ami): Ami, Ami! Get up! It's morning.

Ami(drowsily): Ha, five more minutes.

Ma(shaking Ami more): No, no get up. It's already 6:50!

Ami(startled and jumped): What! I will be late. Shit, mom why didn't you wake me up early?

Ma(smiling): I thought you would be tired and thought to wake you up late, but I was trying to wake you up from 6:20 but, you didn't.

Ami(packing all her things because she was out last night): Oh I am sorry for that. But, I will not eat breakfast toady.

Ma(angry): If you don't attend school it's fine, but skipping your breakfast will not do. If you don't eat then don't go to school.

Ami(talking her bathing things): Ok, but I will have only some.

With that Ami goes into the bathroom and hurriedly does everything and then comes out after 5 minutes, fully dressed and tidy for school. She hurriedly goes to the dining table with her bag on her one shoulder and drinks milk in one go and then takes two bread pieces, one in her mouth and the other in her hand and then bids a quick bye to Ma and teleports herself to the magical kingdom. When she reaches there, boom! She hears everyone's thoughts and feelings at once, she can't figure out which one is whose, it was just like a rock music to her with no proper lyrics and no proper tune. Her ears were paining but, just then a voice came from behind.

Anu(laughing): Got up early sleeping beauty?

Ami(finishing her bread which was in her mouth): You, Idiot. Why didn't you wake me, huh?

Anu(laughing): Because you are sleeping beauty, who only wakes up when you wish to.

Ami(grinning): Idiot, now just tell me am I late?