Chapter 3: Gaining Shikai

Year 6, huh

Never thought time would go by so fast...

It's a good thing that we're going to become shinigami this year, both Hisagi and I managed to confirm spots in the Gotei 13.

Not surprising, considering all that training with Hisagi. Well, I shouldn't be surprised anyway...

Let me go back 2 years ago, I'll show you how it happened.

-

"Suzuki, since you originally have high reiatsu, your Asauchi will develop faster than the rest of the class. Are you sure you don't want to graduate early?" asked the teacher for my ZC2 class. (Zanpakuto Communication 2) 

Of course, I said no, becoming a genius is fine and all. Being different has always been a part of my life, but, there's still more for me to do here.

Well, that's what my Zanpakuto told me to do at least. If I have to be honest.

If she can give me advice, surely she could at least tell me her name. She kept declining, saying that it was too early for that.

I crossed my arms in defeat, usually, when you meet someone you tell them your name. She should stop the whole "I know everything." type of personality already, I thought your Zanpakuto was supposed to reflect your own personality.

Suzuki there comes a time when all will be understood, please believe in me for now.

You don't have to tell me that, I believed in you the moment you began talking to me.

You flatter me

Her presence disappeared, forcing me to wake up. Everyone was still in the state of sleep due to using Jinzen, the teacher jumped in her spot when she noticed me. I gave her a knowing nod, assuring her of my disability to learn my Zanpakuto's name yet.

All the teachers treat me like I was some ticking time bomb, I learned that it was because of my foreign blood. They are scared of the unknown attributes that I displayed, for example, my Zanpakuto talking to me regularly despite not knowing her name.

My increasing reiatsu always seems to scare the teachers the most, though. 

However, Hisagi hasn't said a thing, he's trying to keep his distance from me. It started when he had first contacted his Zanpakuto, I don't need to understand whatever reasons he has. It just means he doesn't want to stay committed to me, as a friend. But, to be honest, being his training/ study partner is more than enough. 

It's because of Hisagi that I managed to pass all my classes, of course, the same goes for him. He would've never passed math if it weren't for me.

I was really out of shape too, we fought mock battles just to get me back in shape for combat. I mean, he was the top in class when it comes to Zanjutsu.

Now, I'm proud to say that we can fight with equal strength. I have 165 wins and 398 losses, I'm slowly making up for the losses of the first 2 years of school.

The day I achieve Shikai, is the day I am no longer his equal. That's another reason why I declined, I wanted to gain Shikai training with him.

Hisagi woke up suddenly from beside me, he had a surreal look on his face, it kept me silent. Knowing how he didn't like his personal space disturbed.

He blinked out of it, looked around, and noticed that I was awake. "Learnt her name yet?" I shook my head, "What about yours?" He faced away in some sort of contemplation before answering, "I saw him, but I couldn't hear him." I hum in response, creating a comfortable silence.