Chapter 9: Ryoka Invasion

Hisagi had slept before me, his scent surrounding me as laid down beside him, thinking over today's events as I cuddled up against him.

It's been 3 weeks since Rukia left, nothing serious has been reported back to Seireitei until today... When a menos grande showed up in the world of the living and was killed ominously, they are currently discovering the minor details as we speak.

They have been suspicious of her for a while, but there wasn't enough evidence to go out and retrieve her until now.

I'm pretty sure you can guess what'll happen next,

... How long do I have?

Tomorrow night... I'll be removing my Mao now, you'll be on your own. So stay on your guard.

Thank you, for being here for me until the end.

It's what best friends are for... I guess this is farewell.

She smiled, Goodbye.

Goodbye.

The Mao burst, giving me a sense of deja vu as I tightened my embrace with Hisagi, eventually drifting to sleep.

-

Hisagi left early morning, the gossip began stirring as Rukia's arrest was being heard all over. Captain Ukitake called me in when he heard, "Tell me, what's going to happen to Kuchiki?" He asked me, a haunted expression on his face as he thought the worst.

"An execution, I can't give you any more details than that. But as this happens, I'll be going into hiding, since I need to avoid... something. Please ask Sentaro and Kiyone to support you in my place, I'll be there when you'll need me most." I said, standing up to leave.

"I'll be back when all is revealed," I said, speaking vaguely as I turned my back to him.

"If you must leave... then you have to check in with me using your Mao, that's an order." He commanded, giving me permission to leave.

As I left, I recalled my farewell with Hisagi, I'll still contact him with my Mao... but I won't be physically seeing him for a while. I felt guilty for lying to him, he won't even know I'll disappear since he'll also be too busy working to meet up with me.

I was headed to the hidden training area Yoruichi and Urahara made, from there I'll focus on watching over the entirety of Seireitei and wait until the Ryoka invasion arrives.

-

1st, 2nd, 4th, 7th, 8th, 10th, 12th, and 13th squads are clear of trouble.

3rd, 5th, and 9th squads are on close watch.

11th squad lieutenant has kidnapped one of my Mao, the observant little pink-haired brat.