Chapter 18: The Arrancar

My eyelids fluttered open, grinning in delight as I snuggled my head under his chin, that is until a realization hit me.

I jolted up, startling Hisagi as I gasped, "I'm going to be late!" I stumbled out of the bed in a rush, he groaned as he woke, the aftermath of last nights drinking party coming back to haunt him as I changed my clothes.

I removed my clothes, revealing a black bra with matching underwear, sniffing my removed clothes, the scent of sweat and food hitting me as I cringed back, "Ew," throwing away the clothes, I opened my closet and grabbed a Shihakusho.

Hisagi held onto his head in anguish as he sat up and looked up at me, the blanket fell, revealing his abs in the process. His skin glittered in sweat as he checked out my figure, "Mm, nice view," He hummed out, gazing upon me in appreciation as I put on clothes, I glared at him as he did.

Grabbing a change of clothes that I had prepared beforehand and threw it in his face, "And, you're still only wearing a loincloth, I've had plenty of your view," I retorted, putting on my lieutenant's badge and climbing out the window, "I'm going to see the Ryoka off with my captain, you should tend to your duties, I'll see you in you're office,"

Jumping out, I flash stepped away, I thought that Rukia would've woken me up. But apparently, this is a different future, where she sees us sleeping together and leaves us alone.

What did she think happened? Naked man with a clothed friend in a bed sleeping together, that doesn't seem like an innocent view. I'll just avoid the question the best I can.

I cursed under my breath, it would've been nice to see what was going on, but I haven't gotten the chance to release the mao since they were in the process of recovering.

After a couple minutes, I finally arrived at the scene, my captain was explaining the Senkaimon gate to them as I arrive, "Hey! Sorry that I'm late," I called out, interrupting them as I walked over.

The majority of the captains came to see them off, their gaze unnerved me as I passed through all of them and revealed myself to the departing group.

Ukitake grinned, "I knew you would come," He said as they brought their attention to me, "Well, I'm quite forgetful, sorry if I gave you the wrong impression

Ukitake grinned, "I knew you would come," He said as they brought their attention to me, "Well, I'm quite forgetful, sorry if I gave you the wrong impression."

Ukitake shook his head and took out a badge, a wooden badge with a skull engrained on it, "This is for you," He handed the badge to Ichigo as I greeted the rest of the group.

Ichigo received the gift, inspecting it, "What is this?" He asked as I appeared beside my captain, "A Substitute Shinigami Combat Pass," Ukitake clarified, I frowned as he spoke, It wasn't fair how they were going to put him under surveillance.

"It's our old custom to give this to a Substitute Shinigami who is deemed useful to the Soul Society," He continued as I looked away, gazing upon the ground as he spoke, a reflex caused by precognition. To avoid revealing facial expressions, "If you use this, you can become a shinigami whenever you want. Of course, this won't make up for what you have done for us, but..." He trailed off as I glanced back up.