Chapter 17: The Betrayal Of The Three Captains

Kiyone cried out for Isane's fallen figure, chasing after her sister figure, "Wait! Kiyone!" Sentaro called out for her as Soi Fon struck for him from behind, Kiyone turned back as she heard, watching in horror as Sentaro fell from behind Soi Fon.

"Genryusai-sensei!" Ukitake breathed out as the breeze passed us, I carefully analyzed the situation, gathering as much information I could in this halted moment, "It was a lieutenant that took off with a criminal, we can always find a replacement...

"Genryusai-sensei!" Ukitake breathed out as the breeze passed us, I carefully analyzed the situation, gathering as much information I could in this halted moment, "It was a lieutenant that took off with a criminal, we can always find a replacement," Yamamoto started. I flinched, realizing just how dire the situation is, 

"We can take our time capturing him, however, I cannot forgive you two! As captains, you have done something you must not have done! I'm sure you both understand what that is," He continued as silence ensued, "Captain! You're in danger!" Kiyone realized as she ran forward.

"Stay back! Kiyone!" Ukitake warned, shaking his head to indicate his warning, she glanced back at me in concern as she looked for an implication of his safety. My fingers twitched, gaining her attention, she pursed her lips in understanding. Kyoraku grasped Ukitake's shoulder. "Well, we've got no choice! Guess we should make a run for it, Ukitake!"

"Wha-" He was cut off as we flash stepped away, Nanao followed behind as we free-fall down the cliff, "Wait, Kyoraku! My subordinate is still...!" Ukitake spoke up in worry, "Calm down! Try fighting the old man up there and everyone will surely end up dead! It's going to be okay with the both of us, can't you feel it? There's someone on our side that's getting closer!" He reassured as I smirked.

!" Ukitake spoke up in worry, "Calm down! Try fighting the old man up there and everyone will surely end up dead! It's going to be okay with the both of us, can't you feel it? There's someone on our side that's getting closer!" He reassured as I s...

I didn't like how he underestimated me, but the fact that he felt that small hint of reiatsu even after all these overwhelmingly shocking and stressing events was amazing.

"Get ready! We're almost to the ground!" Kyoraku announced as I glanced to my left, spotting Yoruichi as she flash stepped up to the cliff, we nodded to each other silently as we caught each other's eye from the far distance.

We landed the ground safely and continued to travel farther as I connected to the remaining mao, Hitsugaya is leaving to Central 46 with Matsumoto as Unohana is taking the injured to her barracks. Kenpachi is fighting Komamura while Ikkaku is drinking with Iba, Hisagi had been defeated as Ichigo continues to fight Byakuya.