Chapter 4: Becoming a Shinigami

"Do I become a famous editor?"

"Yes."

"Do I become a shinigami role model?"

"No."

"How ab-

"Are you really taking this seriously?!" I shouted in exasperation, he leaned back and frowned, "Alright, If you can tell me why I have this tattoo on my left cheek, I'll take it seriously."

I scoffed, "You got that tattoo in favor of the former captain of the 9th division, Muguruma Kensei. Because he saved your life, you decided to copy the tattoo on his chest." Hisagi fell silent, knowing him, he's probably processing just how much I know.

"Than do you know-"

"I can't tell you, I may be able to see the future, but that doesn't mean I can change it." He slanted back, upset over his fear of his own Zanpakuto.

"Sorry, that was asking too much." He apologized in defeat, annoyed, I whacked him on the head.

"What was that for?!" He questioned, obviously upset, "You can call it future reference." I said, shrugging.

We fell into a comfortable silence, I sighed, savoring this moment. This is something I'll miss.

-

Back to the present, the beginning of our sixth year.

"Why do we have to do this?" Hisagi asked as I dragged him to the entrance of the school. "I need you to see him," I said, pushing through people as I moved through the crowd.

"The captain of the Court Guard Squad that is visiting us? Why? Is he that important in the future?" I stayed silent, physically unable to give an answer. "We're here," I said, letting go of his hand.

"Um, what's happening?" I heard a familiar voice nearby, Hinamori Momo. Frowning, I realized that I have to be careful to not bump into her, meeting her here can drastically change the future. I lowered my reiatsu using kido, as to not draw attention from any of the people that I know in the future.

Aizen, the captain that's visiting us, arrives with his Lieutenant trailing behind. The whispers of the crowd grew as they passed, pushing us as they attempted to get a better look.

Hisagi tugged on my sleeve, gaining my attention, "We have to leave, we're going to be late for the meeting." We were supposed to guide the 1st year students to a Field Exercise later this morning, which meant that we have to prepare for the trip beforehand.

"Okay, let's go."

-

We were on the school roof, with a gate prepared behind us, I stood beside Hisagi as he began to speak, "First, a short introduction. I'm a 6th-grade student, Hisagi."

"I'm Suzuki."
"I'm Aoga."

"The three of us will be your guide." Hisagi continued while I searched the whispering crowd, finding a redhead, I watched as Renji and Kira spoke to each other. They are probably talking about how Hisagi and I managed to get a post in the Court Guard before graduation.

I made sure nobody spoke about my achievement with Shikai, I can't have Aizen putting his attention on me any longer.

Kira suddenly smirked and placed his hand on his chin, I can guess that they're talking about Hisagi's two failed attempts at getting into the school before he actually managed to get in.

Hisagi elbowed me, indicating my turn to talk, I sighed and stepped forward, "Now we'll break up into groups of threes, look at the lots you drew earlier and find your teammates with the same mark." I informed, the students began to shuffle around as I stepped down and waited for them to finish.