Chapter 13: Meeting Ichigo

I could hear the sound of shuffling from beside me as Bakeneko stirred awake, "Did I miss the fight?" She asked, groggily getting up as I watched the scene, "Yeah..." I answered,

Renji fell to his knees, shakily lifting his head to face Ichigo, he rose his arm as if reaching out for something, "Oh..." She realized as we watched in glum silence.

His hand fell back to the ground, beginning a monologue of his experience with Rukia

His hand fell back to the ground, beginning a monologue of his experience with Rukia. He talked about the difficult life of living in the Rukongai district and how he grew up with Rukia there.

I recalled my time there as well, how I wandered around and tried to gain information, It was difficult to find a friendly adult to ask since many were corrupted from the filthy lifestyle they lived in

And the kids had behavioral issues and didn't have that much information in the first place, what made it worse was having to find food in a place where people didn't get hungry.

I was lucky to be able to make food out of plants and fruits, my past life was filled with information on food and where to find them, It helped keep me from passing out in front of someone's home again...

Avoiding people was already hard enough, so finding people willing to spare information was beyond difficult.

I remember finding trouble with an adult that wanted to cut a piece of my hair for their collection, I had multiple colors of red, blonde, black, and overall brown. I had subtle highlights with these colors, it was difficult to see the majority of the time, however that man had a keen eye for them and was drawn to it.

A woman had beaten him to a pulp and scolded him,

That woman's name was Shiba Kukaku...

-

"Little girl, are you alright?" The tall woman asked as I checked her out warily, you never know if someone wants to steal from you by being nice at first.

She had green eyes and wore bandages over her long messy black hair that parts down in half at the small of her back, she wore a white skirt and provocative red robe exposing her ample bosom, she was missing her right arm and had a tattoo on her left arm. She wore bandages around her right shoulder and both ankles, she also had wooden sandals and a cloak.