Chapter 4

-Ashton

When I got home it was around 8:45 pm. I was scared to death. I was supposed to be home at 7:00 pm and if I wasn't I was going to get beat by Rick. (RICK IS HIS STEPDAD)

He is very strong and could crush me like a bug, even though I am fat as fuck. I walked through the front door and expected a slap from Rick but he wasn't there. Weird. I walked into the kitchen and was surprised when I saw my mum at the stove cooking some spaghetti. She usually at work.

"Hi mum."I say standing at the doorway. She turned and smiled at me.

"Hi sweetie. Where were you?"My mum asks smiling at me sweetly.

"I was at a friends house. I'm sorry I'm late."I say.

"You have a new friend? And I don't care if you're late. As long as you are safe then its ok."My mum says.

"Yeah his name is Luke."I say.

"Well I hope you and Luke will be great friends."My mum smiles. I nod and smile as well.

"So uh where is Rick?"I ask. It's weird for him to not be home. He is always here.

"He went out to the store to pick up a few things for the spaghetti."My mum says while putting garlic bread in the oven. I nod and was about to walk out of the room but my mum started talking again.

"So are you hungry?"My mum asks.

"No, I'm fine."I say and give her a fake smile. She sighs at me and takes my hand and brings me into the livingroom and we sat down on the couch.

"You know you can tell me anything right?"She asks. I nod.

"I just feel like you don't trust me and never want to tell me anything."She says. I feel bad for not telling her anything but I don't want anybody to know except for Michael because he already knows.

"Mum there is nothing wrong with me and if there was I would tell you."I say trying to sound convincable.

"Ok"She says and give me a small smile and hugs me. Right after that Rick came through the door with bags in his hands. He smiled at my mum and me. I roll my eyes at him. Whenever my mum is around he acts so innocent and acts like he actually loves me.

"Well I'm going to go do my homework."I say and my mum nods and I quickly walk up the stairs to my room. When I got in my room I layed down onto my bed and stared at the ceiling. I just thought about life for a while until I fell asleep.

-Luke

"Can you just please stop hurting Ashton?"I ask Calum when we reached my locker.

"Why? Do you like him? Are you gay?"Calum asks.

"Of course I do he is my friend."I say.

"No, I mean like like him."Calum says and I let out a nervous laugh. Ok, maybe I do like him but just a little bit.

"No I don't like him. He is my friend and I don't want him to keep getting hurt by my best friend."I say.

"Why are you friends with him anyways. He's a loser."Calum says and I really wanted to slap him.

"He's not a loser! Just please stop. Okay?"I ask and he rolls his eyes.

"Fine but I'm still gonna pick on him."Calum says and I sigh. I don't want Calum saying or doing anything to Ashton. I don't know why he is always so mean to him. Ashton is a really cool guy.

"Oh Luke I'm throwing a party tonight and I wanted to know if you were going to come?"Calum asks.

"Yes!"I immediately say. I love parties. I am the party king.

"Cool so you can bring some people if you want."Calum says and I nod. I'm going to ask Ashton if he wanted to go. This is going to be so fun!

-

At lunch I sat down at Ashton tables because I didn't want to sit with thoose football people again.

"Hey Ash."I say when I sit down and he gives me a small smile.

"Hi Luke."He says.

"Who are you?"Michael asks staring at me.

"I'm Luke. I'm new. This is my second day."I say and take a bit of my cheeseburger.

"I'm Michael."Michael says and I nod.

"So Ashton, Calum is throwing a party tonight and he said that I could bring a couple people and I was wondering if you wanted to go?"I ask.

"No, I hate parties. Sorry."He says and I pout.

"Please? We don't have to stay long."I whine and he sighs.

"Fine, but only if Michael can come."He says and I silently groan but nod. I just wanted to be with Ashton but whatever.

"So I'll pick you up at 8:00 then we can get Michael."I say and Ashton nods. I smile. I cant wait for this party.