Chapter 7

(WARNINGS: SELF HARM)

-Luke

I walked into my Algebra class and saw Ashton at his desk and I instantly smiled. He wasn't at lunch which made sad because I wanted to sit with him. He was so beautiful. I just want to make him mine already but is he even gay?

I walked over to my desk and sat down and turned to Ashton. He was wearing a black sweater with black skinny jeans and his hair was so curly today. It was definitely turning me on.

"Hey Ash."I said with a smile. He was playing with his fingers but he looked up at me and gave me a small smile.

"Hi."He says quietly and I instantly knew that something was wrong. It makes me sad whenever he was sad. It hurts me to think that he has ever cried. Just seeing tears streaming down his face kills me.

"Whats wrong?"I ask. He bits on his bottom lip and stares at his desk.

"N-nothing."He says quickly and looks up at me and gives me a small smile but I knew it was fake.

"Please tell me. I don't want you to be sad."I say.

"It's nothing. I'm fine."He says and before I can say anything else the teacher walks in and begins talking. I sigh and turn around in my seat so I'm facing the board. But in the corner of my eye I see Ashton frowning and playing with the ends of his sweater and scratching at his wrist.

"Ok class please hand in your projects that I assigned last week."The teacher says. I pull our project out and I put both mine and Ashton's name on it. I finished by myself over the weekend. I hand it in and sit back down at my desk. For the rest of the class I would glance over at Ashton. He looked so sad and it hurt me. I want to make him feel better.

When the bell rang he quickly walked out and I went after him. He was walking towards the bathroom and I followed behind him. I watched him walk in and I walked in a couple seconds later. I heard quite sobs coming from one of the stalls. I'm guessing that's him.

"Ashton are you okay?"I ask softly and knock lightly on the stall door. The crying stops and he sniffles. The bell then rang but I didn't care. I'm going to help Ashton.

"L-luke?"Ashton asks.

"Yes Ashton it's me Luke. Now what's wrong? Why are you crying?"I ask.

"I'm fine. Just please leave Luke."Ashton says. I sigh. Why can't he just tell me the truth?

"No you're not fine or you wouldn't be crying. I'm not leaving whether you want me to or not. Now open this door!"I say shaking the stall door. He doesn't say anything he just begins to cry. I then got on the ground and crawled under the door seeing Ashton sitting on the toilet with tear stained cheeks and something pressed against his wrist and blood, lots of it. Oh my god that's a blade. Ashton is cutting himself. He looked at me with wide eyes and he dropped his blade.

"A-ashton? W-why would you do something like that?"I ask softly. Why would he want to hurt himself? He's perfect.

"P-please just leave me alone."He says.

"No. I'm not leaving you. Now c'mon let me clean you up."I say and I grabbed his wrist softly and walk bring him over to the sink. He sits on it and I go between his legs and press a damp paper towel to his wrist and he flinched.

"Sorry."I say and he nods.

"Why?"I ask after a couple minutes of silence and look him in the eyes. He just stays quite but looks in my eyes.

"Ashton you can tell me anything okay? I won't judge you."I say and he sighs.

"I-i wanted to forget everything for just a couple seconds and finally feel good and happy. But it never lasts."Ashton says quietly and a tear rolls down his cheek. I wipe away his tear with my thumb.

"What did you want to forget?"I ask confused.

"Life, my dad, my bullies, I just wanted to forget everything."He frowns and my heart broke at the sight. Why did he want to forget life? Why did he want to forget his dad. A million questions are flowing in my head.

"P-please don't tell anybody. Please!"Ashton pleads.

"Ok I won't tell anybody."I say.

"Promise?"Ashton asks.

"Promise."I say. It was silent after that. We just stared into each others eyes. He was so beautiful. I felt myself starting to lean in and what shocked me is that Ashton started to lean in as well. I then felt his soft lips against my dry ones. Fuck I should've put on some chapstick. I moved my lips against his and I felt something. I felt sparks.

After a couple seconds Ashton pulled away to catch his breath. We both smiled at each other.

"D-do you want to go on a date?"I ask and he bites his lip for a second but nods. After that we both left the bathroom and went to our classes.