Chapter 15

(WARNINGS: ABUSE, AND MENTIONS OF SELF HARM)

-Ashton

"Ash why do you look so scared?"Luke asks me when we get off his motorcycle.

"I'm not."I say but I'm really scared. Rick is a monster and he is so strong he might end up killing me.

"Don't lie Ash. You keep biting your fingernails and I know that when you do that you're scared. What's wrong?"He asks. I quickly take my hand away from my face. It's true that when I'm scared I bite my fingernails.

"Nothing is wrong Luke. I'm fine."I say giving a fake smile.

"If anything happens you can always call me."He sighs.

"I will and don't worry Luke nothing will happen."I say and he gives me a small smile.

"Well I should go inside now."I say and he nods.

"Bye."He says and gives me a long kiss on the lips. I smiled and pulled away.

"Bye."I say and walk up to my door and I wave and walk inside. There were no signs of Rick or my mum so she must be at work. I quietly make my way to the stairs and when I get to the third step I hear a familiar voice.

"You think you can sneak past me?"Rick says.

"I-"I didn't know what to say and Rick laughed.

"Pathetic as always."He says while shaking his head in disappointment.

"So where were you? Me and Anne came home expecting to see our son but you weren't here."He asks.

"I-i was o-out w-with someone."I say.

"With who exactly? That boy that I saw outside? The one who kissed you?"Rick asks. Fuck I'm dead for sure. He saw me and Luke kiss. He's gonna know that I'm gay now. Oh god what do I do.

"Y-yes."I say.

"I didn't know you were gay. And I'm not sure if I like it. Being with a guy isn't normal. It's a sin. You are a fag. You are a freak. You are a disappointment to this whole family. You are ugly. You are fat. And lastly you are worthless."Rick says and my eyes water. Those words hit me like a ton of bricks hit me. All those things are true but hearing them come out of someone else's mouth is worse. I am all those things and it's never going to change.

"Aw is someone crying?"Rick asked with a smirk on his face. I didn't say anything I just stood there looking at the ground with tears streaming down my face.

"Look at me."Rick said but I shook my head and stared at the ground.

"I said fucking look at me you dumb piece of shit!"Rick yelled and I flinch.

"Fine you want to play the hard way I will."Rick says and then I felt a slap across my face. I put my shaky hand up to my throbbing cheek and held it there. He pushed me up against the wall and threw a couple punches in my stomach. I whimpered as he threw me onto the ground and punched my face multiple times. All of a sudden a car door closed meaning that my mum was home.

"Get upstairs now!"Rick says and I nod and limp up the stairs and to my bedroom. I just sat on my bed and cried. I am really pathetic aren't I? A teenage boy crying. I thought back to those words that Rick called me and wondered why I was still alive. Why am I still on this Earth? Nobody wants me here. I quickly walked to my bathroom and picked up my razor and held it to my skin.

I didn't want to cut. I was a couple weeks clean and that was the most I have ever gotten. I don't want to disappoint Luke. He will be really sad that I cut. He's been helping me so much lately. I was about to cut my skin when I remembered that Luke said that if I was ever going to cut he said to call him. So thats exactly what I did. I put my razor back and dialed Luke's number. It rang a couple of times but he finally answered.

"Hi Ashy!"He chirped and I sniffled into the phone.

"Ash? Are you okay? Are you crying?"He asked worriedly.

"N-no I'm not okay. I n-need you Luke. I'm not s-safe here."I cry into the phone.

"Okay baby I'm coming to get you. I'll take my mums car. Don't do anything please."He says and I hear him moving around.

"Thank you. J-just come through my window."I say.

"Okay I'm on my way. I'll be there in a couple minutes."He says.

"Okay hurry please."I say.

After a couple minutes there was a quiet knock on my window. I limped my way over to it and pulled it open. Luke took my hand and helped me down the tree that was outside my window. Once we got down Luke hugged me tightly making me whimper. I probably had a ton of bruies all over my body.

"Baby what happened? Why are you limping?"He asked.

"I'll tell you when we get to your house."I say and he nods and he brings me to his mums car and helps me in. Once I'm in he quickly gets in on his side. It didn't take long for us to get to his house. And once we did Luke saw the brusies on my face and my swollen lip frim the light.

"Oh my god! What the hell happened? Who did this to you?"I asked but I shook my head. I couldn't tell him. Rick would kill me.

"Let me take you to my room."He said and I nodded. He lead me to his room and I sat down on his bed him sitting right in front of me.

"I'm going to ask you one more time. Who did this to you?"He asked.

"I can't tell you."I say and he raises an eyebrow.

"And why not?"He asked.

"Because he will kill me if I do."I say and Luke's eyes widen.

"Kill!? Ashton please tell me who is doing this to you! I promise that I won't let whoever did this kill you."He said and I sighed. Maybe I should just tell him. He is my boyfriend anyways and I don't want to keep any secrets from him.

"It was R-Rick."I said and he gasped.

"Rick?"He asked and I nodded.

"He's been beating me ever since he married my mum and I didn't want to tell you because he said if I ever told anybody he would kill me."I say my eyes watering.

"Don't worry baby I won't let him touch you anymore. You're safe here. I'm not letting you go back there. It's not safe there."He says and I engulf him in a hug.

"Thank you."I said barley above a whisper.

"Anything for you babe."He said and I smiled. I loved it when he would call me pet names.

"C'mon lets go to bed. You can use my clothes."Luke says while taking some sweatpants and a T-shirt out of his dresser and handing them to me. I thanked him and went into the bathroom to change. He wouldn't want to see my ugly body. Once I was done I walked back into his room and all he had on was his boxers. I looked his body up and down and damn he had a nice body.

"Like what you see?"Luke smirks and my cheeks burn up. I layed down on his bed and layed next to me and put his arm around his waist and pulled me close to him.

"I'll always protect you babe. I won't let anything happen to you I promise."Luke says and kisses my neck. After a while of us just talking we both fell asleep in each others arms.