FIVE

Jennie opened the front door of her house before slipping out of her heels and throwing her bag somewhere on the floor. She headed straight to the kitchen and immediately made her way to the fridge, grabbing a can of beer before quickly opening it and chugging it.

"I'm guessing the date went horrible?" commented a familiar voice, making Jennie roll her eyes for the thousandth time tonight.

"Seriously, Kang oppa. Don't you have your own house?" said Jennie before taking another sip of her beer.

"It's more fun here."

"I don't think you know I notice that some of my groceries go missing whenever you come here."

"Fine, I come here to steal your food. Happy now?" Kang rolled his eyes before sitting down at the counter top beside where Jennie was leaning against.

Kang and Jennie have been close friends ever since they starred in the same variety show in 2018. They never liked each other in a romantic way, though. Jennie was in a relationship with Lisa and Kang was confused with his sexuality back then. Kang had came out as gay to Jennie just last year but he's not ready to tell anyone else yet.

"Very." said Jennie with another chug of her beer.

"How'd the date go?" asked Kang.

"Lalisa Manoban is back." answered Jennie, almost nonchalantly.

"What?! Here in Seoul?!" Jennie nodded her head, "That's crazy."

"Yup." said Jennie, popping the 'p.'

"How did your date go though? I really wanna know."

Jennie turned her head to look at her friend with an intense stare, "You dumbass! Lalisa Manoban was my date!"

Kang's eyes widened and his jaw dropped to the floor.

"Was your mom high when she had you? Seriously, you're so weird."

"What happened?! Jennie, oh my God."

Jennie proceeded to tell Kang everything. How she went apeshit, screaming at Lisa and hitting her with her handbag to having a mental breakdown and letting Lisa hold her.

"....and she kissed me, oppa. And I hate it. I hate the fact that I liked it. I can't even pretend that I don't like it." Jennie didn't know if it was the alcohol or the emotions she kept in earlier in the night that finally burst, but tears were now streaming down her face, more intensely than the first time she cried today.

Kang wasted no time in pulling Jennie to him and holding her, gently running his hands up and down Jennie's shoulder.

It definitely wasn't the first time he and Jennie have been in this position—Jennie crying her life away (because of Lisa, of course. The only reason for Jennie's tears for the past two years was Lisa.) while the tall man holds her.

"What should I do, oppa? I still love her, but she hurt me so much. Too much. I can't be like that again." Jennie pulled away from their embrace.

"You should give her a chance to explain, Jennie. You still don't know what her reason is for leaving. Just give her a chance."

"What if she hurts me again? What if she leaves again?"

"Jennie, Lisa would never hurt you, atleast intentionally. Everyone that could see the way Lisa treats you would know that. She loves you more than you'll ever know. So, just give her a chance to explain."

"You really think so?"

"I know so, Jennie." Kang looked down a Jennie with a smile.

"I hate the fact you always know what to say." said Jennie with an adorable pout.

Kang smiled cockily in a teasing manner, "Oppa knows best."

Jennie rolled her eyes before smiling at Kang.

"Go and take bath, change into some more comfortable clothes while I make popcorn so we can find a show to watch." said Kang with a small smile.

"Alright...." said Jennie as she slowly walked away from Kang, "Thank you, oppa."

Kang gave her a toothless smile, "Anytime, Jen."

••••

"....And then I kissed her. Oh God, it was best kiss of my life. I mean, every kiss I get from Jennie has always been the best, you know? Like shit, her lips are so soft and-"

"Yeah, yeah I get it." Chaeyoung cut her off, "Then what happened?"

"She pushed me away." Chaeyoung snorted at that.

"I'm surprised she didn't kill you."

"She wouldn't. She loves me."

Chaeyoung raised her eyebrows at that, "How can you be so sure?"

"I'm Lalisa Manoban, who doesn't love me?"

The other girl rolled her eyes at that, "You're such a narcissist."

"If you looked like me you would be one too."

Chaeyoung pretended to gag as Lisa smacked the back of her head lightly.

"I think Jennie's seeing someone, though." Chaeyoung decided to play a little game on Lisa.

"What? Who?" Lisa furrowed her brows.

"That Kang guy. He's always at Jennie's place." said Chaeyoung, turning her attention to the TV that was currently playing a random show Lisa put on.

"Song Kang?"

"Yeah! Jennie doesn't talk to him about us so we can't really assume."

"Cool." said Lisa in a nonchalant manner.

"What do you mean cool?"

"Jennie will literally drop Kang for me, I know that. It doesn't matter."

"I don't know about that."

"What do you mean?" asked Lisa, "You know what? I don't wanna know."