FOURTEEN

Lisa and Jennie cuddled up on the couch later that afternoon, watching a movie that Lisa could not be more uninterested in.

Lisa was more interested at the adorable faces Jennie makes when a certain scene comes on.

"Stop staring." said Jennie, her focus more on the film.

"Stop being so adorable."

"I'm doing nothing."

"Exactly." Lisa gave Jennie a small kiss on her cheek.

Lisa's kiss turned into a bite, causing Jennie to yell out and push Lisa away from her, "Hey!"

Lisa laughed, "Come here, I'll kiss it to make it better."

Jennie pouted but moved closer to Lisa nonetheless. Lisa turned her back against the arm of the couch for support as Jennie leaned against Lisa's front, between her legs.

Jennie shifted her head to lay on Lisa's neck.

Lisa took a deep breath, "Jennie..."

Jennie hummed in response, her attention was still on the movie.

"I have something I need to tell you." said Lisa.

Jennie noticed the seriousness in Lisa's voice and turned to look at her before pulling away gently, "What is it?"

"My mom....she...."

"She what, Lisa?" asked Jennie, now completely sitting straight, looking at Lisa who was on the verge of tears.

Lisa looked to the side, not wanting to cry in front of Jennie, but it's inevitable now.

"The reason why I didn't return earlier was because my mom has cancer."

Jennie felt as if the air was sucked out of her lungs. That woman was a second mother to her and she almost wanted to slap Lisa for not telling her sooner.

Jennie's tears started to fall as well, more quicker than Lisa's.

"The doctor says she has a small chance of survival."

"Lisa...." said Jennie before pulling the younger girl to her chest.

The younger girl cried. Wailed, actually. Her tears went through Jennie's sweatshirt, causing the older woman to actually feel it on her skin.

Jennie wasn't much better. She balled her eyes out. Lisa's mother was one of the purest, light-hearted, and strongest woman she had ever met. That woman treated Jennie as her own. Suddenly, Jennie felt guilt towards Lisa. She treated Lisa like absolute crap when she first got back to Seoul, not knowing the burden Lisa carried.

"I-I'm sorry I didn't tell you sooner, Jennie." said Lisa.

"I'm sorry, Lisa." said Jennie as she just held her.

"She loves you, you know that? I think she loves you more than me." said Lisa, trying to lighten up the mood.

Jennie chuckled, "I don't think she could love anyone else more than you, Lisa."

Lisa laughed through her tears, "I saw my dad again, you know?"

Jennie froze for a moment. She knew all about Lisa's real dad. Lisa's father was a drunk, but he never laid a hand on Lisa or her mom. He would just yell unpleasant things, from Lisa's own words. Her mother left that bastard and flew to back to Bangkok with only her and Lisa's clothes on her back, they had never seen that man ever since.

"One of my mom's wishes was for us to meet again, and he looks so different. He looks healthier and he gained weight. I look absolutely like him, Jennie." said Lisa, pressing the side of her face on Jennie's chest.

Jennie nodded, wanting Lisa to continue.

"He said he was sorry and he gave me my inheritance. I also met my two younger brothers my Dad had with his current wife, they're the sweetest boys ever. One of them has a crush on you though, and I don't like that." said Lisa causing Jennie to laugh through her tears.

"Why did you come back here, Lisa? You should've just stayed with Mommy."

Lisa smiled at hearing Jennie call her mother as her own, "For you."

"Lisa, I'm serious."

Lisa lifted her head up from Jennie's chest and looked into her eyes, "So am I."

"Why?"

"Because you give me strength, Jennie. And I badly need it right now."

Jennie's tears began to mimic waterfalls, "I love you, Lisa. You don't know how much I missed you."

Lisa smiled, "That right there gave me strength, Jennie. And I love you too, more than you could ever imagine."

Jennie gave Lisa an unexpected, but gentle kiss. Tasting their own tears in the process. Lisa instinctly placed her hands on Jennie's cheeks. Lisa felt comfort and safety in that kiss, and so, so much love.

So much love that her heart might burst.

Jennie pulled away from the kiss, pressing her forehead to Lisa's, "I wanna see her."

Lisa's eyes widened, "What?"

"Take me to Bangkok, Lisa. Actually, take Jisoo unnie and Rosie as well. They're much of a daughter to her as I am."

Lisa smiled, "Okay."

"Okay." repeated Jennie.

"I love you, Jennie." said Lisa.

"I love you too, Lisa."

"Be mine? Again? I will do everything right this time, I promise."

" Of course, Lisa. Of course."

Lisa smiled in relief and joy as she embraced Jennie by the waist, "I love you so much, Jennie Ruby Jane Kim."

Jennie smiled, "I love you too, but it's missing something."

Lisa pulled away, her brows furrowing in confusion, "What?"

"It's Jennie Ruby Jane Kim-Manoban." clarified Jennie with a proud smile.

Lisa's smile grew as wide as possible, "Of course, I'm sorry, baby."

Jennie giggled, "Why did you forget? Do other chicks carry your last name, too?"

Lisa shook her head, "Only you, Jennie Kim-Manoban. And future little Jennies as well, if you know what I mean."

Jennie's eyes were wide in shock, but had a smile lingering on her lips nonetheless.