NINE

"Wow, Ruby Jane is huge." commented Lisa as she pulled up to the headquarters of the company.

The building was tall and luxurious, glass windows covered the entire thing. And don't even get Lisa started on the front door that had the logo RUBY JANE above it. It looked as if the building was made from nothing but diamonds. And Lisa could never expect less from Jennie's tastes.

"It is, isn't it?" said Jennie with a proud smile on her face. She treated her company as if it was her baby.

"Yes, it's amazing." commented Lisa in pure awe. "Oh, by the way, Chaeyoung and Jisoo invited us for lunch."

"Really, where?" asked Jennie as her throat dried up, something about the thought of having all four of them in the same room made her nervous.

"I don't know, they just said we should meet up here around 1pm." said Lisa.

"Alright," said Jennie, "Well, I gotta go now."

Jennie stretched her arm out to open the passenger door of Lisa's car.

"Have a nice day at work, baby." said Lisa with a smug grin, one hand on the steering wheel as she looked over at Jennie.

Heat rose up to Jennie's cheeks as she faced the other way, "Whatever, Lisa." She wasted no time getting out of the car and hastily walking to the building, wishing to get away from Lisa.

"See you later for lunch, honey!" yelled Lisa from the car at an embarassing volume, getting nothing in response as the other girl just continued to strut her way into the building.

"Damn, Jennie Kim." said Lisa to herself as her eyes landed on Jennie's ass.

Lisa waited for Jennie to get inside the huge building before driving off, humming contently as her fingers gently tap the steering wheel.

••••

Lisa didn't look for an apartment, obviously.

She just drove around Seoul, touring to familiarize herself with the city again. Seoul had been her home for more than 10 years, this city was where her life started. And as much as she loved Bangkok, no place would ever feel like Seoul.

Lisa drove by the busy morning streets of Hongdae, she smiled to herself at the memories that quickly flooded her mind.

She remembered countless nights when she and the girls would walk around Hongdae, debating where to eat dinner for half an hour only to end up eating at a samgyupsal they eat at every single time.

She also remembered when they lost Chaeyoung while eating streetfood because that woman could not stay still at one food stand. It was very stressful at that time since they only had an hour and a half for dinner and they had to be back in time to train. Looking for Chaeyoung took up most of the time, only to find her eating a chicken skewer at the side of the road.

But the memory that stood out the most to her was when she first kissed Jennie in a sidewalk at 2 in the morning, one month before their debut. The girls were very stressed about their upcoming debut and Lisa wanted to get some fresh air in the middle of the night, she unexpectedly walked into Jennie drinking a cheap beer on the living room floor. Lisa sat down next to her and they talked, hopping from one topic to another, and not exactly happy topics. To lift the mood, Lisa suggested that they go out, walk around Hongdae to get things off their mind.

Walking on a random sidewalk in Hongdae, Lisa confessed to Jennie. Lisa had liked Jennie ever since she laid eyes on the older girl, and it was never a secret. Teasing, flirting, touching, Lisa had done it all to show Jennie her feelings, but of course, Jennie always thought of it as a joke since Lisa is naturally a touchy-feely person. Lisa confessed her heart out to Jennie on that very sidewalk and Jennie demanded for a kiss from Lisa. Lisa was hestitant but kissed her anyway, and as soon as their Lisa's lips touched Jennie's, she knew that her lips were the only pair she wanted to kiss.

Lisa looked at her wristwatch, 11:18am. She had enough time to visit an old friend of hers.