𝟖. 𝐒𝐋𝐄𝐄𝐏𝐎𝐕𝐄𝐑

CHAPTER EIGHT 

CHAPTER EIGHT 

SLEEPOVER

***

𝗧𝗛𝗘 𝗡𝗘𝗫𝗧 𝗗𝗔𝗬 the students acted differently, as well as the teachers. In Transfiguration the class was very dull and quiet.

I was sitting next to Malfoy prodding his arm with my wand, "You just love getting on my nerves don't you?" He turned his head to me and spoke quietly.

"Mhm, gives me purpose," I smirked, referencing something he's said in the past. He shook his head with a grin and took my wand out my hand.

He faced Professor Mcgonagall listening to the introduction of her lesson. He held my wand next to his and began comparing them. His was a lot darker and quite a bit shorter and slightly thicker, "One two three, vera verto." Mcgonagall said the incantation and the bird turned into a water goblet. "Now it's your turn, well who would like to go first? Ah Mr Weasley, one two three vera verto," She said walking up to Ron's desk that he shared with Harry.

Ron nodded, and flicked his wand three times, "Vera verto!" A green spark shot out his wand and onto his rat Scabbers. Scabbers turned into a furry mug letting out quiet squeaks and had a tail that was flopping round. He picked it up and looked at it very confused, the rest of the class began to giggle.

"That wand needs replacing - yes Miss Granger?" She answered Hermione who was sat one across from them with Neville.

"I was wondering whether you could tell us about the Chamber of Secrets?" She asked politely, lowering her hand. This caught Malfoy's attention as he handed me back my wand and looked at the teacher.

Mcgonagall looked at the class for a second, "Very well then. You all know that Hogwarts was founded over a thousand years ago by the four greatest witch and wizards of the age. Godric Gryffindor, Helga Hufflepuff, Rowena Ravenclaw and Salazar Slytherin. Three coexisted quite harmoniously however one did not." She paused giving Ron a chance to butt in.

"Three guesses who," He said sarcastically which actually annoyed me a little bit, Mcgonagall nodded at him and continued.

"Salazar Slytherin wished to be more selective about the students admitted to Hogwarts. He believed magical learning should be kept within all magic families, in other words, purebloods." She paused again. Hermione and lot of other people turned heads to Malfoy since everyone knows he comes from a family that are blood supremacists. He smirked and stretched his arm around my shoulders.

"Well explains why a lot of the sacred twenty-eight families are in Slytherin," He muttered, not that quietly at all, "Blood purity and all," He smirked, Mcgonagall nodded at him.

"Get off me," I shrugged his arm off my shoulders, and he snickered quietly to himself.

"Salazar Slytherin was unable to sway the others so he decided to leave the school. Now according to legend Slytherin had built a hidden chamber in this castle known as the Chamber of Secrets, though shortly before departing he sealed it until that time when his own true heir returns to the school. The heir alone would be able to open the chamber and unleash the horror within and by doing so, purge the school of all those who, in Slytherins view were unworthy to study magic,"