𝟏𝟗. 𝐈𝐍 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐌𝐁𝐄𝐑

CHAPTER NINETEEN

CHAPTER NINETEEN

IN THE CHAMBER

***

𝗟𝗢𝗖𝗞𝗛𝗔𝗥𝗧 𝗢𝗣𝗘𝗡𝗘𝗗 𝗧𝗛𝗘 𝗗𝗢𝗢𝗥 to his classroom and went inside. I waited a few seconds before opening the door as quietly as possible. The timing was perfect as he had just entered his office.

The door opened behind me again. My heart skipped a beat but I calmed down once I noticed it was just Harry and Ron.

"You two," I stated, placing my hand on my chest.

"The basilisk took Ginny." Ron blurted out.

"Then what you waiting for," I pushed them both in the direction of Lockhart's office.

"What about you?" Ron looked over his shoulder.

"I'll be here," I leaned against the door. 

They both rushed over to Lockhart's office.

The next time that door opened Lockhart was bolting out followed by Ron and Harry. Lockhart's face dropped once he saw me standing in the doorway.

"He's a fraud!" Harry cried from behind him.

"Only just figured it out? Is there anything you can do 'Professor'?" 

"Yes. Now that you mention it. I'm fairly gifted with memory charms." I notice his right hand subtly move to his wand. I did the same without him realizing. "In fact. I might have to do the same with you!" 

We both pull out our wands and point them directly at each other.

"Don't even think about it." Harry pipes up with his wand out to Lockhart too. 

He turned to his left and saw Ron holding out his wand too. He cowardly lowers his wand which makes me smile.

"There's nothing I can do! I don't know where the chamber is!" Lockhart half yelled and half begged us not to stun him.

"Not a problem, we think we know," Ron stated, jerking his head in Harry's direction.

Harry and Ron both lead the way. I didn't know where they were taking Lockhart but I still followed. 

I pressed my wand against Lockhart's back the entire time until we reached Myrtle's bathroom. I was beyond confused. Myrtle was hovering in the air in circles... weeping. As usual.

I leaned against the sinks with my wand firmly against Lockhart as I watched the two boys ask Myrtle a few questions. 

"Who's there?" She turned to look at us. A big smile stretched on her face, "Hello Harry," Myrtle said playfully, "What do you want?" 

"To ask you how you died," Harry answered quietly.

"Oh. It was dreadful." She smiled, "It happened right here in this very cubicle," She pointed towards one of the bathroom stalls, "I'd hidden because Oliver Hornby was teasing me about my glasses. I was crying and then I heard someone come in."