𝟏𝟐. 𝐒𝐄𝐑𝐏𝐄𝐍𝐓 𝐓𝐎𝐍𝐆𝐔𝐄

CHAPTER TWELVE

CHAPTER TWELVE

SERPENT TONGUE

***

"𝗧𝗛𝗜𝗦 𝗜𝗦 𝗦𝗢 𝗦𝗧𝗨𝗣𝗜𝗗," I whined, following the trio into the Great Hall. 

We squeezed through the crowd of people and stood right by the long stage. I've never seen this room without the four house tables so this room looked even bigger. At the other end were my fellow Slytherins, Flint and Malfoy were both having a laugh together so I'm guessing Flint is over the snitch incident.

"Gather round! Gather round!" Lockart bellowed, walking up the few steps onto the stage, "Can everybody see me? Can you all hear me?" He looked at me challenging me to say something, I smirked and crossed my arms, "Excellent. In light of the dark events of recent weeks Professor Dumbledore has granted me permission to start this little dueling club to train you all up in case you ever need to defend yourself as I have done so myself on countless occasions."

"What is he gonna train us how to professionally run away?" I muttered to Ron who was behind me, looking over my head.

Ron snickered, "Places to hide 101," He added.

He took off his cape and tossed it to a group of Gryffindor girls who were literally  smelling it.

"That Lockhart's something isn't he? Awfully brave chap." A Hufflepuff boy turned to Harry, who was beside me. Ron turned around and began speaking to his twin brothers along with Hermione and Oliver Wood. The boy held his hand out to Harry, "Justin Finch-Fletchley, Hufflepuff,"

Harry shook his hand, "Oh nice to meet you I'm-"

"-I know who you are - we all do even us muggleborns," He cut Harry off, Harry awkwardly laughed, Justin then hesitantly put his hand to me, he didn't really want to introduce himself because I was in Slytherin and a lot of Slytherins had an issue with muggleborns but he was doing it to be polite.

"Eloise," I smiled shaking his hand. 

"Let me introduce you to my assistant Professor Snape!" Lockhart bellowed, Snape gliding up the steps with his arms folded and a blank face, "He has sportiningly agreed to help me with a short demonstration."

"Sportingly he says," Ron whispered in my ear making me grin.

"Now I don't want any of you youngsters to worry you'll still have your Potions master after I'm through with him. Never fear," He winked at a Hufflepuff girl called Hannah Abbott.

Snape and Lockhart stepped towards each other and bowed, ten turned and took their positions.

"One. Two. Three-"

Snape pointed his wand and bellowed, "Expelliarmus!" Lockhart went flying backwards and fell hard on his back, knocking the air out of him. A lot of students in the room gasped and watch Lockhart struggle to get up.