𝟏𝟕. 𝐀𝐂𝐂𝐔𝐒𝐀𝐓𝐈𝐎𝐍𝐒

CHAPTER SEVENTEEN

CHAPTER SEVENTEEN

ACCUSATIONS

***

𝗜𝗧'𝗦 𝗕𝗘𝗘𝗡 𝗔 𝗠𝗢𝗡𝗧𝗛 𝗢𝗥 𝗦𝗢 and no more attacks have happened in a while so that was good and I was right, the snide comments towards Harry happened less and less.

After a pretty awful quidditch match between Ravenclaw and Hufflepuff me, Ron, Harry and Hermione were just walking around outside.

"I still don't think that Hagrid's  the heir of Slytherin - or at least the one who opened the chamber fifty years ago," Ron said out of the blue.

"Sill on this are we," I asked unimpressed, fiddling with my Slytherin scarf.

"It can't be Hagrid, it just can't be," Hermione ignored me, "The heir would have to be a parselmouth."

I raised my eyebrows and sharply inhaled.

"We don't even know this Tom Riddle either, he sounds like a dirty rotten snitch to me," Ron said.

"The monster had killed  someone Ron, what would any of us have done?" Harry said, emphasizing the word 'killed'.

"Er, not bait my friend out?" I said looking at each of them, "If any of you killed someone I wouldn't go running to Dumbledore,"

"Look, Hagrid's our friend, why don't we just go and ask him about it," Hermione suggested.

"That would be a cheerful visit, 'hello Hagrid. Tell us, have you been setting anything mad and hairy loose into the castle lately?'," Ron said full of sarcasm.

"Mad an' hairy? Yer wouldn't be talkin' 'bout me now would yer?" A voice said from behind us.

We all turned around and the three all said at once, "No!"

I looked to the side with a smirk, "Slick," I muttered to myself.

An awkwardly long silence grew between us, "W-what's that you've got Hagrid?" Harry asked.

"Oh this it's er," He held up the contents in his hand, "This is flesh eatin' slug repellent - for the mandrakes yer know? Now, accordin' to Professor Sprout they still got a bit of growin' up ter do bu' once their acnes cleared up, we'll be able ter chop 'em up an' stew 'em and then we'll get those people down at the 'ospital un  petrified. In the meantime though you four best be lookin' after yerselves, alrigh'?" He said and then walked off, " 'Ello Nevillie,"

He greeted Neville who was bolting towards us, "Harry! I don't know when or who did it but you've got to come quick!"

The four of us exchanged looks and then followed Neville back into the castle and into the Gryffindor common room.