𝟏𝟔. 𝐉𝐔𝐍𝐄 𝟏𝟑𝐓𝐇, 𝟏𝟗𝟒𝟑

CHAPTER SIXTEEN

CHAPTER SIXTEEN

JUNE 13TH, 1943

***

"𝗪𝗛𝗘𝗥𝗘 𝗔𝗥𝗘 𝗪𝗘?" Harry asked.

He was the only thing apart from me that was in color. I held the bridge of my nose and exhaled.

"Hogwarts Harry. Fifty years ago. Stay with it."

Harry looked past me, "Excuse me, could you tell us what's going on... Are you Tom Riddle?" Harry walked up the stairs and stood next to me, "Can you hear me?"

I tapped Harry's arm and nodded my head towards someone being carried away on a stretcher.

"Riddle!" A voice echoed. We turned to look where it came from.

"Professor Dumbledore," The young boy walked up a few steps.

"Dumbledore?" Harry repeated.

"It's not wise to be wandering around this late hour Tom," 

"Y-yes sir, I-I suppose I - I had to see for myself if the rumors were true," Tom stuttered.

"Not a very good liar," I thought to myself out loud. He would of been fine to anyone else but I myself am quite a sneaky person and can come up with lies on the spot. Tom Riddle stammered so I wasn't convinced but he did have a certain charm that, I could see it.

"I am afraid they are, Tom," Dumbledore responded. "They are true."

"And about the school too? I don't have a home to go too they wouldn't really close Hogwarts would they, Professor?"

"I understand Tom but I'm afraid headmaster Dippet may have no choice,"

"Sir what if it all stopped? And the person responsible was caught."

Dumbledore looked at this boy suspiciously, "Is there something you wish to tell me, Tom,"

"No sir, nothing."

There was a long silence, I saw Tom slightly gulp. Dumbledore nodded, "Very well. Off you go."

Tom nodded, "Goodnight sir," He walked off.

Harry looked at me not knowing what to do now. I took his hand and went after Tom with him. Tom kept on looking behind him and down the halls to make sure no one was following him.

He soon pulled out his wand and came to a stop by a small room. He opened the door, "Evening Hagrid. I'm going to have to turn you in, I don't think you meant it to kill anyone but-"

"-You can't, yer don't understand!" He cut him off defensively

"The dead girl's parents will be here tomorrow the least the Hogwarts can do is make sure that the thing that killed their daughter is slaughtered!"

"It wasn't 'im, Aragog never killed no one! Never!"

"Monsters don't make good pets Hagrid," Tom said softly, "now stand aside." He added coldly,

"No!"

"Stand aside Hagrid!"

"No!"

Tom stunned Hagrid and a big spider crawled a the box, heading for the door and going down the hallway, "Arania exumai!" and the spider vanished.

"No!" Hagrid cried.

Hagrid went towards the door but was stopped by Tom, "I can't let you go. They'll have your wand for this Hagrid, you'll be expelled."

And with that the flash back ended and we were back in the Gryffindor" common room.

"It was Hagrid!" Harry exclaimed in shock.

"That doesn't add up," I said.