𝟐𝟎. 𝐉𝐔𝐒𝐓 𝐀 𝐌𝐄𝐌𝐎𝐑𝐘

CHAPTER TWENTY

CHAPTER TWENTY

JUST A MEMORY

***

𝗧𝗢𝗠 𝗦𝗧𝗘𝗣𝗣𝗘𝗗 𝗢𝗩𝗘𝗥 from the corner he was stood silently in.

"Tom - Tom Riddle, what do you mean she won't wake?" I asked.

"She's not..." Harry added, afraid of using the word 'dead'.

"She's still alive, but only just."

"Are you a ghost?" I asked looking at his not so see through body.

"A memory," He corrected, "Preserved in a diary for fifty years," 

Harry touched the hand that was held gently but securely in my grip, "She's as cold as ice." He muttered, "Ginny please please  don't be dead,"

"The basilisk." I said, glancing around the chamber.

"She won't come until she's called," Tom piped up.

Harry stood up and stepping away from Ginny. I stayed down kneeling next to her with my wand tightly in my hand.

"Give me my wand, Tom." Harry said coldly. I looked over my shoulder, Harry was holding his hand out to receive the wand that Tom was rolling between his fingers.

"You won't be needing it." 

"Listen, we've got to go we've got to save her-"

"-I'm afraid I can't do that." He cut Harry off, I turned to look back at Ginny making sure she was still alive, "You see, as poor Ginny grows weaker I grow stronger. Yes Harry it was Ginny Weasley who opened the chamber-"

"No, she couldn't - she wouldn't-"

"-It was Ginny who wrote those messages on the wall and set the basilisk on those filthy  mudbloods." He spat.

"Why?" I asked, not turning around.

"Because I told her too," He retorted, "You'll find I can be very  persuasive, not that she even knew what she was doing she was in a sort of trance but the power of the diary began to scare her and she tried to dispose of it in the girls bathroom and who should find it but you two, the very people I was most anxious to meet - for different reasons obviously."

"And why did you want to meet us?" Harry sneered.

"Well Harry, I knew I had to talk to you. Meet you if I could so I decided to show you my capture of that brainless oaf Hagrid to gain your trust-"

"Hagrid's my friend!" Harry yelled, "And you framed him didn't you,"

"It was my word against his, only Dumbledore thought he was innocent,"