Chapter 1 - Annabeth

Quick Disclaimer: Every character mentioned in this story either belongs to Rick Riordan  or Shannon Messenger unless I say I put it in!!

A/n: if a word has *asterisks* Like so, it means someone is thinking what is written between them.

PoV: Annabeth

As I walked down the street with Percy holding my hand, it felt as if I were on top of the world. Gaea was dead, Leo had come back with Calypso, and everyone was happy. Chiron even admitted that it was safe for even the most powerful demi-gods like Percy to to attend school again. Now, my boyfriend and I were going to school, trailing behind the rest of our friends, some of which were worried about being late, the others being dragged along by them. It was just us 7, since Calypso had decided against going to school since she'd prefer tending to the garden she started behind the Main Hall and Nico was busy at Camp Jupiter for the time being.

Percy and I walked in silence, neither of us quite willing to break out peaceful moment. As I looked across the street, I saw a girl. She had dark hair, a teal dress, and seemed about average height. I only saw her for a second before she vanished. Not vanished like " I'm-hiding -from-someone -so-I'm-gonna-stick-inside-this-convenient -crowd-that-just-so-happened -to-be-passing-by-at-this-moment" vanished. More like "Guess-what-losers-I'm-a-magician -now-and-for-my-next-trick-I'm-gonna-disappear -into-thin-air-poof!-I'm-gone" vanished.

 "Uh, Annabeth?" I heard Percy ask , "Are you okay?"

 " Huh? Oh, yeah, I'm fine. Why? "

 "Well,you just looked across the street,stopped walking and started staring."

 " Did I? Sorry. "

 "Its okay, Wise Girl, but are you sure-"

 "Percy! Annabeth! You're gonna be late!" Piper called from far ahead.

 " Coming Piper! " I called back before looking at Percy again, "I'll tell you later."

Percy and I continued walking. Not long after, I saw the same girl out of the corner of my eye, but I resisted the urge to look at her. Sure enough,she was soon gone.

*What is happening to me?* I thought *People can't disappear, and Gaea's gone, so it can't be one of her monsters. It's just my mind playing tricks on me.*

Suddenly, Percy stopped. "Wise Girl," he whispered as he continued walking again, "I just saw someone disappear."

I looked at him, "What do you mean, disappear?"

" Like, vanished into thin air, disappeared! "

"You sure they didn't just walk into a nearby crowd?"

Percy rolled his eyes, but kept his face forward, "They were standing by themself in an alley and suddenly are gone."

" What did they look like? " I asked, intrigued. Either Percy was making this up to mess with me or we could be dealing with a new threat.

"I'm not entirely sure. It was a boy,blonde hair,and it looked like they were coming back from a costume party."

" So we saw different people" I muttered.

Percy looked at me, "Wait,you saw someone do that? When?"

" Why do you think I stopped and stared? " I replied.

"Oh."

" The person I saw was different,though, " I continued, "It was a girl, and she wasn't in an alley. She was just standing by the side of the rose and vanished. "