Chapter 8: Go. - Fitz/Hazel

A/n: So, I'm sorry about updating late, I was just really busy. I also wanted to thank anyone who have me feedback on the last chapter, it's really helpful!

Just in case any of you were wondering: I realize that Camp Half Blood is big, and that the campers are strong. But, we still don't know every Neverseen member, or how many there are hidden around the Lost Cities and Forbidden Cities, for all we know. I decided to take advantage of that fact, so I'm sorry if I made the Neverseen seem overpowered, I was just trying to A: keep the plot going while B: making it somewhat interesting.

Also, I just wanted to say that I realize many of the abilities I mentioned in the last chapter can be performed by different campers (Example: Nico can manipulate shadows like a Shade) but I was just using abilities I knew Neverseen members have. I also didn't mention telepathy because that would probably raise some questions from Jason and/or Percy. Now that we have this very long note out of the way, here's the chapter!

PoV: Fitz

I ran over to Percy as fast as I could. I hadn't found Alvar yet, and whoever was attacking Percy was a vanisher, so there was only one person it could be. Running down the hill, I suddenly came to a stop when something -or someone  jerked me back.

 "Hello, Fitz," a sickly familiar voice quietly laughed.

 " Alvar?! " I fumed, trying to break away from his grip, "Then who's that?!?"

 Alvar laughed again, "You didn't really think I was the only Vanisher in the Neverseen, did you? No, we're much bigger than you think, little brother."

 " As if we're even brothers anymore, " I spat angrily. I tried my best to use outward channelling to break free, and this time my attempt worked. I ran away from him, even though I had no idea where he was. My victory was short lived, however, as I watched Percy slump into the ground. 

Immediately the tide shifted. While the demigods had been holding off the Neverseen for a surprising amount of time, seeing Percy fall caused them to falter. Wherever Percy had done in the past that made everyone so sure of him suddenly vanished, leaving the campers confused.

In desperation and panic, I transmitted to as many campers as I could, *Keep fighting. We can still beat them.* A few campers showed visible confusion, while the others obeyed. I caught Hazel's glance and saw her nod. 

I felt Alvar grab me again, "Listen, Fitz. There's no way these children can beat us. Some of our members have been training for this moment for hundreds, even thousands of years. So end this child's play and just do as we say."

 " Right. Because I'd ever listen to you again. "

 "You don't realize how badly this could turn out, for all of you. Just quit it, because otherwise things will get worse."

 " Since this isn't bad enough. "

Alvar sighed, "Well, if you're not going to listen, you'll have to learn the hard way."

 " As if this isn't hard. "

 "Quit it with the sarcasm!" Alvar reappeared in front of me, holding me by the collar of the shirt the leader of the Iris cabin who's name I could never remember gave me, "Listen now, because I'll only say this once: where's Chase?"

 " You mean Annabeth? " I asked, trying to be annoying like Keefe with the vain hope it'd get him to leave me alone.

 "No, I mean her cousin. Who else would I be taking about?!" Alvar asked frustrated.

"I have no idea. She left a while ago and I haven't seen her since." I tried to shrug, even thought I was just getting more and more angry.

Alvar growled, "Why do you have to be so difficult? We would've left if you told us."

" Then what? When you realized I really have no clue where she is, would you have come back? There's literally no way around this. "

Alvar tossed me to the ground, letting me hit it with a thud. Out of the corner of my eye I saw Nico and Hazel fighting side by side near the Posiden cabin. They knew how much Dex meant to Sophie and the rest of the group, and were protecting him. To be honest, when Nico said he'd come up with a plan, that wasn't quite what I had imagined, but I still appreciated it.

 "You know Fitz, I'd been hoping you'd love up to the Vacker legacy," Alvar started, picking Fitz up again.

 " Honestly, I'm okay with legacies being Keefe's thing. "

Alvar ignored me, "But you're so convinced that everything will happen the same way, no matter what really happens. It's all centered of you and what you hate and like. "

"Um, I'm pretty sure you guys are like that too-"

"Everything needs to be the way you like it in order for it to be perfect."

" This is sounding pretty hypocritical -"

"And you're living up to your role well. "

I paused, "Excuse me?"

 "I've been waiting for you to live up to the Vacker legacy ever since I first joined the Neverseen. So far you are doing nicely." He dawned a sick smile and I wanted to punch him as hard as I could right then.

I felt another person grab me from behind and put a cloth over my mouth. I struggled against whoever was behind me as Alvar's figure slowly dimmed and the world went black.

___________________

PoV: Hazel

As soon as Fitz went down, the chaos grew. More cloaked figures appeared, along with weird creatures that could only be the ogres Annabeth had described. There were tons of Neverseen members everywhere, and they wouldn't stop after getting to of one opponent - no, they didn't kill them, but they left many unconscious bodies in the ground behind them, including Percy, Fitz, and Piper.

Jason didn't seem very happy about Piper's current status, because he was attacking a group of people with everything he had. The problem was, they were so tightly packed together that he couldn't attack from the ground, but when he went into the air someone in the group would send a gust of wind to keep him away.

I looked away from Jason as more cloaked figures approached Nico and me. A few Hecate cabin members saw me and rushed over to join me. Using the Mist we tried to create a smaller, more confusing version of a labyrinth. It was difficult, but we eventually succeed.it

It wasn't to long after, however, that more figures approached us from the right. I tried to hide us from them, and it seemed to work on a few of them, but the rest seemed to see straight through the illusion. One of these people made their way to the front.

A crisp, female voice chuckled from the figure as she stalked forward. "I like this one," she said, gesturing towards me. Suddenly, she shot forward and grabbed me, another figure placing a cloth on my mouth, like they had with Fitz. I faintly saw Nico struggling to help me, but I knew it wouldn't work. He was being overpowered, even with the help of the Hecate cabin. 

And the world went black.

Yes, I realize I changed the PoV in the middle of the chapter again, and I'm sorry. I just thought it'd be better to put two short chapters together into one longer one. The next chapter will still be a Hazel chapter, in case you were wondering.

Also, I may not update for a while, since I'm way busier than I thought I'd be lately. So, I'll see when when I can. Bye!