Chapter 20: Explain - Annabeth

Okay, I'm really lacking inspiration, so could you guys give me some ideas, please? any theories, suggestions, anything. I just need some ideas for future chapters.

Also, I'm looking at the number of views per chapter, and lots of people are sloping chapters. Please don't do that! You might miss something really important!

With that out of the way, enjoy this not-really-exciting-but-important chapter!

PoV:Annabeth

When I finished explaining, Percy and Hazel were silent. "Any questions?" I asked, trying to break the uncomfortable quiet.

 "Um, yeah!" Percy exclaimed , "Like, why exactly are these elves here? Are they a threat? What about the guy we were running from? And how long have you known about this?"

 " Woah! Woah! Slow it down with the questions! First things first; I don't know why they're here, but I do know they aren't here to hurt us. They were actually looking for people like the man who chased us here, who is a threat. And I've known about this since... well, since the day they showed up at school, I guess. "

 "Why didn't you tell us?" Hazel whimpered, "Did you not trust us enough?"

 " No! " I exclaimed, "Of course I trust you! They just said not to tell anyone."

 " Also, what does Sophie have to do with you're prophecy? " Percy asked, "I thought that those were only given to Demigods."

 " I did too, and I don't know why the gods involved her, but I do know that she's an important part of it, which is why we need to find her. "

 Percy and Hazel nodded, apparently out of questions. "So that's what you've been doing," a voice called out, causing all of us to jump, " Well, not as exciting as I'd hoped, but not bad. "

 "Leo?" Hazel asked as Leo moved into sight.

 " Yeah? "

 "YOU'VE BEEN THERE THE WHOLE TIME!?" 

 " Uh, yeah? Is that bad? "

I cursed the gods under my breath, "Leo. When a door is locked, you don't get to just pick it and listen to a conversation!" I tried to say as calmly as possible.

" Well, I just thought we shouldn't be keeping secrets, ya know? Considering they usually get people hurt? "

Leo's point silenced us all. He wasn't wrong, secrets could make people reckless, but still...

"I guess you're not entirely wrong..." I said slowly.

"Great! So I'm gonna tell the rest of the group!"

" No! " the three of us shouted.

Leo put his hands up in mock surrender, "Geeze, okay! I won't tell them!"

I sighed, " So, Leo, I'm assuming you heard most of all of the conversation? "

Leo nodded, "I heard you mention 'elves ' and was curious."

" So, I'm guessing you're going to be joining us tomorrow after school? "

"Um, what's happening after school?"

" We're going to make a plan to rescue Sophie. "

Leo shrugged, "Why not? Calypso has been a bit angry with me after I accidentally burned some of her flowers. I don't think she'll mind."

" Okay. " 

Once again, the room plunged into uncomfortable silence. Slowly, Hazel stood to leave and headed towards the door. "Come find me once the others have left, " she whispered in my ear.

We all just sat there. Eventually, Leo left and Percy followed him out, after apologizing for all the questions. I stayed in the room for a bit to make sure Leo didn't pop in out of nowhere again before going out to look for Hazel.

It wasn't hard. She was talking with Nico about some Hades or Pluto thing only they understood. I stood off to the side, not wanting to interrupt their conversation, and waited for Nico to leave before I approached.

"What did you need, Hazel?" I asked as she turned to face me.

"I have a question. " she asked, "But can we go somewhere else?"

I nodded and followed her to her cabin . She shared it with Nico when she was staying here, so it was currently divided in half but a makeshift curtain.

I walked over to her side of the room and say down. "Nico's going to be busy for a while, so we should be good." Hazel commented as she shut the door.

"What do you need?" I repeated.

" So, while we were at school, I found this, " Hazel reached into her pocket and pulled out a necklace with a black charm in the shape of  swan, "I don't know what the charm's made of! I don't recognize it's call at all! And when you mentioned Sophie and her friends being part of the Black Swan, I just thought..." She held out the necklace for me to see, " Anyways, I think it might belong to one of them. Do you know? "

I shook my head, "It could be. It's be pretty coincidental for someone else to own this necklace, considering you don't recognize the mineral, but I'd take it with you tomorrow when we talk with them to be sure. As for the charm..." I looked at it closely. I had a nagging feeling that I should know what it is, but I didn't. I made me anxious. I shrugged, "I feel like I should know what it is, but I just can't remember. Sorry, Hazel! "

A look of disappointment flashed across Hazel 's face, but it was quickly replaced with a forced smile, "It's okay! I just wanted to know!"

I sighed, " Don't worry, Hazel! We'll figure this out, find Sophie, fulfill the prophecy, and life will go back to the way it was! We won't have to worry about this anymore."

Hazel nodded, "Um, do you mind if I look t the prophecy?" I pulled out the scroll and set it in front of her. She opened it and read it at least 3 times before she looked up at me, " So, how much have you figured out?"

 "Well, we know I'm Athena's child, the people in cloaks of night are the Neverseen, who were the people that chased us earlier, Sophie's the Moonlark, and our groups need to divide in order for the prophecy to be fulfilled. We don't really know what this 'forgotten power' is supposed to be, but I guess we'll figure it out!"

Hazel nodded again , "That makes sense. Now, we'd better get back outside before Leo picks the lock again."

I nodded and we both pushed open the door and went back outside.

Yeah! Finished ! Honestly, I didnt thing I'd get this far! The only people that really appreciated my writing are my Language Arts teacher who's retiring and my friend who's moving away, so not many people have been reading what I write. To those of you who have gotten this far: thank you! You've made it through most of the boring stuff! Also, thank  you for over 500 views! You guys mean a lot to me! I will be seeing you in the next chapter!