Chapter 3 - Annabeth

PoV: Annabeth

Right there, in front of me, were -at least- two potential threats. I'm our school. I resisted the urge to sigh. *So much for being safe.*

 "Thank you and have a nice day!" The principal signed off. I finally looked away from the group,since some of them seemed to notice my staring, and instead decided to start off on the right foot.

 "Hi!" I started as I walked over to them, "You're the new kids, right?" They all nodded their heads, "You want me to show you around?"

 That was a brief moment of silence before a girl with blonde hair and brown eyes - the only one in the group with brown eyes, I soon realized - spoke up. "Umm, sure! Thanks!"

"No problem! What class do you have first?"

The girl handed me a schedule. On it were classes and teachers,but only one student name: Sophie Foster, who I assumed was the one who handed it to me.

 "Um, I'm gonna need all your schedules to shoes you to your classes." I stated warily.

 "We all have the same classes," Sophie quickly explained, "They just gave us different papers since we don't all live together."

 " Oh. I guess that makes sense, "I said,making a mental note to ask the principal about it later, "So, uh, any of your friends gonna talk?"

 " I'm kinda the 'speaker' of the group. Most of them don't talk to others unless they need to. "

 "Why?" I asked, looking at the girl and boy Percy and I had seen earlier. Now I know I didn't imagine it then because I swear I saw them, along with Sophie, stiffen.

 "Well, they all have their own reasons. Some are just shy, and some aren't but something happened that makes them not trust outsiders." Sophie gave a slight glance to a boy with dark hair and teal eyes,similar to the girl I was in front of now.

"So," I started to break the awkward silence that had started, " With that in mind, am I allowed to guess family relations? "

Sophie shrugged, "Why not? It won't be very difficult, though."

I pointed art the girl in front of me and the dark haired boy from earlier, " They're brother and sister. I'm guessing the girl it's younger? "

"Yep. That's Biana and Fitz Vacker."

" Okay, " I pointed at a kind looking girl and a sulking boy, who both had black hair with silver tips and the same silver eyes, " They're also siblings. Twins, I'm guessing. "

Sophie nodded again, "That's Linh and Tam Song." 

I pointed at Sophie and a boy with strawberry blonde hair and periwinkle eyes, "And judging by how you're standing by each other,you have a relation, too. Cousins?"

" Correct again. That's my adoptive cousin Dex Dizznee. I'm the adopted one. " she quickly added.

"And you," I pointed at the blonde boy, who I could now see had ice blue eyes, "Are an only child. You're not related to any off these people."

" Wow. That's... probably the most accurate anyone's been so far!" Sophie exclaimed, "This is Keefe Sencen. "

"Wait, no one's gotten it right before? But it seems so obvious... " I trailed off before I accidentally mentioned my mother. It was kind of difficult to remember sometimes that not everyone knew about demigods pre would understand them.

I suddenly realized Sophie had asked a question, "I'm sorry could you repeat that?"

" I, uh, asked what your name was? " Sophie said carefully. Her friends looked slightly nervous too, but i decided not to mention it.

"Oh, my name is Annabeth Chase, " I said, holding out my hand for Sophie to shake since it seemed like the others probably wouldn't want to, "It's a pleasure to meet you guys!"

Sophie hesitantly shook my hand, which I realized was covered in a glove. *So they can't be using gloves to disappear* I thought, *Otherwise, Sophie would've disappeared by now! Unless she can control when she disappears...*

"What are you up to, Wise Girl?" I heard Percy ask from behind me.

"Hey Percy!" I said as I turned to face him. I grabbed his arm and pulled him closer, "Guys, this is my boyfriend, Percy Jackson."

Percy waved, "Hi!"

The others waved back. "So... class?" Sophie asked slowly.

"Oh, right! " I looked at Sophie's schedule again. "Looks like you have English first. Follow me!"

As I lied them down the halls with Percy, I used anything with a reflection that I could see to keep an eye on the new kids behind me. Whenever I saw them, I saw Biana holding Fitz's hand,and Sophie was staying suspiciously close to both Biana and Keefe. Dex stood behind Keefe, and Tam and Linh stayed at the back. They are all talking quietly among themselves, but whenever I tried to listen to what they said, all I heard was random sound I couldn't piece into words.

"Here we are!" I said as we came to a stop in front of the door. I looked at the schedule one last time before handing it back to Sophie and telling them what all the important nearby classrooms were. "You also have Chemistry in that classroom," I said as I pointed a ways down the hall, "Percy and I have Chemistry at the same time as you,along with some of our friends. After that, I'll show you how to get to your Fourth class, and lunch is after that. I can show you your other classrooms then."

" Thank you so much, Annabeth! " Sophie exclaimed as the group walked through the door, Linh even waving before entering.

As soon as they all got inside, I sighed.

"Hey,you good?" Percy asked.

"Yeah, it's just... They seen like good people. "

"Personality wise or looks wise? "

I punched him in the shoulder like I had earlier, "You know what I was talking about, Seaweed Brain! "

"Well, yeah,but did you even looked at them? They look like models!"

" I... " I thought for a moment, " I guess they do. I just didn't pay attention to it before. "

"Lets stop talking about them before we end up dumping each other for them." Percy joked.

I laughed, " Like that'll ever happen! "

Percy laughed to, "Yeah. Anyways, your right, they do seem like nice people. What's wrong with that? "

"Well," I started fidgeting but I didn't know why, "If they really are good people, then that's great! Let them be good! But if they're bad..." I sighed, " I just don't want to make that mistake again. "

"Hey, I agree, I don't want that to happen either! But, even if it does, I have you again, and that's all that matters." Percy gave me a reassuring smoke as he put his arm around me.

I smiled back and leaned my head on his shoulder, "Yeah, you're right. That's all that matters, " I whispered as we walked through the halls to class.

Boom! Chapter 3! Thank you so much for teasing my story! I hope you enjoy my future updates! Goodbye, for now!