Chapter 19: Problems - Hazel

PoV:Hazel

I groaned as I opened my eyes. The brightness of the light spiked my headache and I struggled to open them. I could hear things, but they sounded quiet under the ringing in my ears.

When I finally could keep my eyes open, I saw Frank smiling at me. "Hazel!" He exclaimed, "Are you okay?!"

" Ugh,I feel like Arion just ran over me multiple times. " I mumbled before smiling back.

 "Well, it could be worse, I guess." 

We both stopped talking as Tempest came through. While I knew Tempest said she was on out side, a large part of me was angry at her. She called us her friends and then hurt us. Yeah, real friendly.

 "I see you're awake, Hazel." Tempest spoke softly.

 " Yeah. " was all I said.

Tempest sighed, "You do realize that if Gisela assigned anyone else to do that, it would've been much worse, don't you?"

 " Sure. "

She sighed again and muttered something under her breath before moving forward. Tempest stopped in front of Fitz and just looked at him for a while before looking behind her, "I can see why you don't like him."

Alvar appeared behind her, " it's a mutual feeling. "

Fitz's eyes narrowed, "What are you doing here?"

"Gisela told us to come here. I'm surprised you haven't figured that out by now."

" Well, you can leave. "

"I second that," Gisela said as she approached , "Especially since I don't recall telling you to come here after you failed your last mission."

"They were prepared-" Alvar started.

"There's no way for them to be prepared! It was simple, and you failed. Go back to Vespera."

Alvar rolled his eyes before stalking away. Tempest moved towards Gisela, and they met fairly close to where I was sitting. The two of the spoke in hushed tones, occasionally shifting their gazes from Fitz to Percy and to me. Finally, Tempest turned around. She snapped her fingers and a group of Neverseen members came and untied us.

"You 6 are coming with me," Tempest said sternly, and, sure enough, I found myself, along with everyone else, following her. we went a similar route to the one I had taken with Gethen however long ago it was. Sure enough, we arrived at the same clearing. The memories caused me to grab Frank's hand and grip it tightly. 

"Why are we here?" Percy asked. 

"Because Gisela wanted me to kill you, " Tempest replied, pointing at Fitz.

"What did I do?!?" Fitz exclaimed.

"From what I can tell; nothing. You just make your brother distracted, which Gisela can't afford."

" So you're going to kill him?!? " I asked, tightening my grip on Frank's hand.

Tempest shook her head, "I've been waiting for the right time, but now I'm afraid we don't have one. " She pulled out a necklace with a crystal hanging from the end, "This will take us all to the Shores of Solace. It's the only way to keep you all safe. "

"What about the others here?" Percy asked , "Will they be alright?"

" They don't know anything. They'll be fine. It's you two I'm more worried about. " she pointed at me and Percy.

"Two questions," Jason said, "One, isn't that just a crystal, and two, what do they know that we don't?"

Tempest grinned, "And my answer to both of those is that you'll find out soon. First though," she held up a device and pushed a single button. I felt the device in my neck fall off and my demigod abilities rushing back. I grinned and made a gold nugget appear in my hand, just to make sure.