Chapter 5: Something's wrong - Hazel

PoV: Hazel

The moment Dex and Fitz collapsed, Percy just had to charge through the door. As soon as he saw Nico, me, and the unconscious elves, he shut and locked the door. "Okay, what's happening?" He demanded .

 "We don't know!" I exclaimed, hurrying over to Dex, who still looked really pale, "Fitz just told me he was going to check on Dex and then asked for my help, so I came to find them and ran into Nico and when we arrived Dex was pale and couldn't hear us and suddenly both of them just collapsed!" I trailed off, putting the back of my hand against Dex's forehead.

Out of the corner of my eye I saw Nico checking on Fitz. "Maybe we should take them to the infirmary. Will might know what to do."

 " I don't think that's a good idea, Nico. " I replied, removing my hand, "I mean, you heard Fitz. They aren't demigods, remember? Who knows what ambrosia or nectar could do to them?" I sighed as Nico's shoulders slumped, "Nico, I know how you feel about Will, but I don't think he can help with this." 

Nico nodded before standing up again, "Well, if we can't help them, we should try figuring out why this," he gestured towards the inert elves, "happened."

 I nodded and adjusted how Dex was laying before sitting down, letting Percy pick up Fitz. "Maybe Fitz would know..." He muttered as he set him down on an empty bunk.

 " Maybe, but we can't ask him right now. " I pointed out as Nico took a seat on the floor and Percy on his bunk, "So we'll have to figure it out a different way."

 "We were talking about the Neverseen when he left," Percy remembered, " And he told me when he was, what, 11 or 12 that he got kidnapped by those guys. "

"What?!" I exclaimed, looking back at Dex, "Why?!"

Percy shrugged, "He said he was looking for Sophie and they both got kidnapped. I think that may have been what he was implying when he said they put them in 'life or death scenarios.' Maybe it triggered a flashback?"

 I shook my head, "As a person who actually gets flashbacks, I'm fairly positive that's not what happens." I looked towards Nico , "Do you think that this maybe has to do with that spirit problem you were telling me about?"

Nico shook his head as Percy spoke up, " Hold on, what 'spirit problem'? I never heard about that! "

"I'm sorry I caused this, Nico." I whispered as he frowned.

Percy ignored me, " I mean, why wouldn't you tell me? " 

"Percy. Stop." Nico said , but Percy ignored him as well.

"Is it because I'm -"

" Percy. "

"-Not the type-"

"I swear, if you don't stop right now-"

"-Of person you'd tell?"

Nico burried his head in his knees, but not before I saw an embarrassed blush flood his face, "If I weren't concerned about these people, I'd be leaving right now."

I gave a small smile before putting my hand on Nico's shoulder, "Well, that means you care about more people besides just people you know well. And that's good. "

Nico sighed and lifted his head, "Well, to answer your question, Hazel," he shot Percy a look, " I'm pretty sure this doesn't have to do with... that. I'll bet it has something to do with the Neverseen, or Sophie and the others he knows. "

"Or maybe both! " Percy shot up off the bed. Nico and I must've looked confused because he clarified, "This morning, like, at 4 or something, Dex and I had a lengthy conversation about dreams. He said that his had to do with Sophie just saying his name and apologizing repeatedly for no said reason. That's when he told me about the whole kidnapping thing, but he also looked kind of lost as he talked, like he wasn't there.