Chapter 11: Learning -Hazel

A/n: Hello again! I'm back when I said I would be! I just wanted to give you a heads up quick: many of the upcoming chapters will be fillers, but they are all important! Don't skip any, because you may regret it when something doesn't make sense. Anyways, onto the chapter!

PoV: Hazel

They still didn't know I was awake. Apparently all my time being dead could help me act that way. Frank had been caught once when he was checking for Neverseen members, but I kept acting. Eventually, they stopped checking on me.

Every time I opened my eyes, though, I could see Percy becoming more and more hopeless. Whatever he saw in the nightmares that I knew he had were slowly killing the confident spark in his soul. And I wasn't the only one who could tell; his hopelessness was driving the other campers towards the same fate.

As I sat still with my eyes closed, I heard footsteps approaching. Usually, it was Alvar or the girl who had examined me and talked about human experimentation and stuff who's name was Vespera. Neither of them took the time to see if I was awake yet, but this time the person stopped and gently lifted my chin up. Letting it slowly fall, they moved their hand to my shoulder and carefully shook it. Whoever it was didn't believe I was dead, and it slightly worried me.

 "Who are you?" I heard Jason ask.

 The person removed their hand from my arm, " I am Lady Gisela, " a feminine voice said, slowly drifting away with the retreating footsteps, "Some consider me there head of the Neverseen."

 "And the rest consider you as? " Frank asked, sounding genuinely curious.

"Above them."

 "...okay? What are doing here though?" Jason asked.

 "To make a deal with Mr Jackson."

 There was a brief pause as everyone took in what she said. "What kind of deal?" Percy asked.

 " It's simple: you tell us where your Annabeth friend went, and we'll leave your camp. " Lady Gisela offered.

 "And if I say no?"

 " Then we'll stay, and when the others come to save you, we won't spare them. "

I could feel the tension rise. No one was talking, but I felt like they were all silently begging the same thing. I found myself also mentally pleading for him to choose.

"Sorry Gisela," he said finally , "But I'm gonna have to deny."

What? "

 "Sure, I miss Wise Girl, and I don't want you to hurt her, but if I tell you even where I think she is, you'll either not believe me or attack her anyway. I'd rather let her rescue me than let you kill her."

" I'm afraid that will happen either way. "

I heard the sound of lots of footsteps approaching, and soon I could hear them walking back and fourth across the floor. It was disorienting and I eventually decided to focus on where I remembered Gisela being.

The sound of fast steps approaching drew my attention. "Did you find them?" Gisela asked. The sound of rustling fabric was all I could hear as a response .

whatever had happened, it must've been good, because Percy laughed, "Why are you still looking? You're never going to find them!"

I opened my eyes slightly when I heard more moving cloth. A woman who must've been Gisela revealed her blonde hair and shockingly bright eyes. Quickly, I shut my eyes again to make sure I wouldn't be caught. "Jackson, "Gisela started, her voice with a bitter sweet edge to it, "It may take time, but we'll find them eventually. You know Annabeth. She'll never stop until her friends are safe."

" That may be true, " Percy stated casually, "But, if she needs to, she'll hide and plan until the time is right. I trust her."

 The sound of someone hitting Percy made me finish - he was being hurt way more than he deserved to be. "Your trust is misplaced, " Gisela hissed just loud enough for me to hear.

"You know, I'm pretty sure someone's told me that before. Yet, here I am, alive."

"You won't be for long if you keep this up," Gisela's footsteps slowly walked back the way she had come.

"Hey, Gisela!" Percy called as she walked, " Annabeth is smarter than any of us here. Even if you do manage to catch her, she'll find a way to escape with all of us. Not to mention Nico and Leo will stop you before you can even get that far! "

Gisela sighed, "Jackson. Annabeth will come to find you as soon as she knows you're in danger. It's in her nature. And we'll be ready. We know how close they are to finding the Moonlark. And we know how much she can take before they all start to crumble. So don't tell me your girlfriend can rescue you all. We're always 3 steps ahead."

Percy went silent as Gisela's footsteps vanished entirely. Whatever purpose the other Neverseen members were serving must've been completed, because soon enough, they all left, leaving the Mess Hall in relative silence. 

"Hazel!" Frank whispered, signaling I was good to go. I opened my eyes and lifted my head, jerking it back to toss some of my hair over my shoulder.

"Okay, first things first, Percy." I said, getting straight to the point, "The Neverseen won't find Annabeth and the others. Annabeth knows what she's doing."

" I know, Hazel. " Percy replied.

"Dex and Nico have probably already found them, so we don't need to worry about them."

" I know, Hazel."

"They'll come up with a plan and help free us. "

"I know, Hazel."

I tilted my head slightly, "Then why do you still look so upset? Do you not believe me?"

"I believe you."

"Then, why?"

Percy grinned, his eyes lighting up with happiness and mischief, "You aren't the only one who can act, Miss Metal Detector."

I felt my jaw drop and Jason snickered. During and looking straight ahead, I felt my astonishment turn to a mix of shock, joy, and hope. Percy hadn't given up as much as I thought he had. And I wasn't going to give up either.

Did some of this seem familiar? It should have! Also, if I'm being honest, I didn't expect this chapter to end the way it did as I was writing. I'll try to update again tomorrow, since I have to leave for camp in two days and can't update for a week. Hopefully I see you tomorrow!