Chapter 13 - Sophie

A/n: So, because I'm not exactly sure what would happen if Chiron met Sophie for the first time, I'm going to skip a bit over that. Sorry if you wanted to read it, I just, honesty, don't know enough about Chiron to know what would happen. So, this is shortly after Chiron meets Sophie and Sophie explains her situation.

PoV:Sophie

Chiron wanted me to explain everything.

At first, I was hesitant, seeing as I was talking to a centar, but as we talked, I realized that he wasn't so bad. I slowly managed to explain how I was an elf, and to prove it I levitated and lifted Chiron with my telekinesis when he said I could be a child of Zeus or have hidden wings, like a empousi, whatever that is. 

Annabeth kept trying to coax me into seeing if I could cross the barrier, but I didn't even want to get close to it. It reminded me too much of when Tam, Fitz, and I had to fight Keefe, and even more of when Fitz and I almost died from shadowflux.

I took one step towards force field before giving into my fear and staying put. I knew that I should go inside, but I was worried about touching it. It reminded me too much of of an elven force field for me to risk touching it.

Annabeth seemed to notice my hesitance and stalling, because she held her hand out across the barrier for me. Before I took it, I had to ask, "Who made the barrier?"

 "Honestly, I don't know. Because it's surrounded by powerful Mist, I'd assume Hecate or one of her children." 

 I nodded, even though I didn't know who Hecate was, and grabbed Annabeth's hand. Slowly, I stepped through the barrier. As I passed through, it stung a bit, but nothing as bad as touching Ruy's shields. I sighed with relief as Annabeth led me to her cabin. She knocked on the door to see if anyone was inside, and when no one answered, she opened the door and motioned for me to follow her.

Her cabin was pretty nice. She got more space than the other campers, since she was the head counselor of the Athena cabin, and it had a strangely homey feel about it.

Annabeth pulled out a scroll from under her bed and rolled it out flat on top of it. We both sat down and studied it, and when I recognized the first line, I pulled out my own scroll and placed it next to Annabeth 's.

 "Okay, because I'm a Polyglot, I can read both scrolls effortlessly. Are both of our scrolls in the same language?"

 Annabeth looked at my scroll for a minute before shaking her head, "No. I can't read it. Must be in Enlightened Language."

 I studied the scroll itself as Annabeth read the words. I sighed and looked up at the ceiling before recognizing where we were.

 "You!" I exclaimed as some of the pieces for together.

 " What about me? " Annabeth asked, startled by my sudden outburst.

 "You're the child of Athena in the prophecy, aren't you?"

 " Um... yeah? "

"And you're attacked by monsters, right?"

Annabeth looked at the scroll and smiled, " Right. "

"So your enemies joined with someone else 's and you need to help stop them. "

"Well, yeah, I guess, but who's the other person."

(+ As warriors come in cloaks of night+...) I thought, staring at the paper, "Well, there is the Neverseen. They wear cloaks and are evil."

Annabeth nodded, " I guess that makes sense. But, who's this Moonlark it mentions? "

I froze, "M-Moonlark?"

" Yeah. It's in the 4th line. How could you have missed it? "

"I... I don't know.." .I mumbled, my brain going twice as fast as usual.

"Um, sorry, but do you know who this Moonlark is?"

I nodded shakily. "It... Its me. I'm the Moonlark. "

Annabeth looked at me, "Is there a problem with being a Moonlark? What is a Moonlark anyway?"

I took a deep breath, " A Moonlark was a type of bird. It would lay it's egg and wait for it to hatch before leaving it to fend for itself. I was part of Project Moonlark, which is why I have so many more abilities than other elves. "

Annabeth nodded in understanding, "Alright, so we know the first half of the prophecy. +7 old and 7 new+. Hmm. Well, we each are parts of groups of 7, right? So, that must be referring to the 14 of us. "

"And +Split to fight for what is true+ must mean that some of us to and some stay. "

"Exactly. The real question is, who's going?"

" I would say, 'those who want to,' but that's everyone." I pointed out.

"Yeah. Maybe if we figure out who's the old group and who's the new, it would help. "

I thought for a moment, "In my opinion, my group is the new one."

Annabeth looked at me curiously, "What makes you say that?"

" Well, we haven't been fighting for very long. Most elves have never fought anyone before. Until I showed up 3 years ago, the Lost Cities were peaceful. "

Annabeth looked back at the scrolls, "And because most of us have been fighting monsters since we were really young, we have more experience. "

"Exactly." I said as I looked at the clock on the wall. It was almost six , the time I said I would be back at Havenfield by. "Okay, sorry to cut this short, but I need to go. Otherwise my parents might get mad. "

"That's okay. How are you planning on getting back though?"

" Simple: I'll teleport. "

Annabeth sighed, "I forgot you could do that. ANyways, do you think you'll be able to teleport through the barrier ?"

" If you want, I'll try after school tomorrow. Maybe I could try to get to Half Blood Hill? "

"Got it. If I don't see you there at 4:00, I'll look for you at the barrier."

" Deal . "I replied as I stepped out the cabin door, "See you later, Annabeth."

" See ya, Sophie."

Slowly, I used levitation to float myself up and I dropped, picturing Havenfield as I split the void. When I arrived back home, I was immediately confronted  by Sandor.

"Hey, Sandor! What's up?"

"Sophie, I know you didn't go to Everglen." 

I froze but tried to stay casual, "What do you mean?"

" I mean that I called Fitz to ask him how you guys were doing and he said you weren't there. "

I sighed, "I'm sorry, Sandor. I'll try not to do it again, I promise. "

"You say that every time." Sandor grumbled, "Wait until Grady hears you were with Keefe and Candleshade. I'll be in so much trouble. "

I paused before smiling, "So you know I was at Candleshade?"

" Of course I do! I called Keefe after I called Fitz and he told me you were there. You could have just told me, you know. "

"Well, I just wanted to inform you, then, that I'm partners with a human named Annabeth for an assignment in school, and I'll be staying late with her to work on it tomorrow."

Sanford grumbled again, "Fine. I'll tell your parents so they don't freak out."

" Thanks Sandor!" I exclaimed as I walked into the house in up to my room. As soon as I shut the door and went into my bathroom so he couldn't hear me, I laughed harder than I had in a long time.

Yay! Chapter 13!! Sorry if it was a little boring, I just need this to explain a bit of what happens next. See you later!